Middle Tennessee Area
Adenus Utilities Group
Wastewater Maintenance Technician / Operator – Middle Tennessee Area • Operations
Job-Type – Full-time, Non-Exempt
Primary Functions – Under direction of the Wastewater Sr. Technician/Area Manager, perform routine tasks necessary to ensure proper operation and mechanical integrity of Recirculating Sand Filter wastewater treatment systems & MBR wastewater treatment systems, septic tank effluent pump systems, effluent disposal drip irrigation fields and complete necessary repairs. Comply with all policies outlined in the Adenus Handbook.
- Repair/replace defective pumps, float switches, hydro-tech valve disc, ultraviolet unit bulbs and ballast
- Repair wastewater force main leaks/breaks
- Repair/complete upgrades to existing treatment systems
- Repair/replace drip field solenoid valves, ball valves, drip lines, valve boxes, hydro-tech valves
- Replace/repair existing wastewater service lines
- Replace/repair existing STEP tank risers and lids
- Repair/replace STEP tank pumps, floats, check valves and piping as necessary to maintain service to the customer
- Respond promptly to service calls and repair “STEP” system pump, floats, valves, piping, and controls as required
- Repair yards when applicable due to maintenance
- General maintenance on equipment, vehicles, and tools
- Basic operation of heavy equipment
- Emergency duty or on-call responsibility
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge/Education and Experience Required
High school diploma or GED
- State of TN Grade 1 Collection System Certification or the ability to obtain within eighteen months.
- Experience working with PVC pipe, pump systems and light electrical.
- Read and comprehend schematics and blueprints.
- Basic tool, equipment, and vehicle maintenance
- Heavy equipment operation
- Basic Computer skills
- Ability to work in potentially hazardous environments.
- Respond to on-call issues/emergencies on a 24 – hour basis
- Aptitude to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Effective, professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have initiative and be resourceful in problem solving.
- Should be detailed oriented, able to focus on task-at-hand.
- Valid Tennessee Driver License and safe driving record
- Valid Class “A” CDL with air brakes and safe driving record or ability to obtain
- Minimum two years underground utility experience preferred
- Employee is subject to drug and alcohol testing according to the Adenus Handbook.
- Intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping.
- Typically standing or walking, bending, crouching, or stooping.
- Frequently entering/exiting vehicle.
- Frequent lifting of light objects.
- Frequent lifting of objects weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Climbing fences/ladders.
- Use of tools or equipment requiring a high degree of expertise
- Need to distinguish between shades of color.
Working Conditions – Work is performed primarily in field settings with exposure to inclement weather, loud noise, outside elements, dust, dirt, grease, etc. Hazards: Exposure to irritating chemicals and hazardous environments.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary: $19.00 or commensurate with experience
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Wastewater Maintenance Technician/Operator (Middle Tennessee Area) ]