2550 Tenderfoot Hill Street, Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Pikes Peak Hospice and Palliative Care (PPHPC) is looking for a Community Liaison to build relations within the Veteran community. Position will work mainly with VA Hospitals and veteran organizations within Southern Colorado.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Schedule: MON – FRI 8:00am – 5:00pm. Occasional weekends.
Pay Range: $63,814.40 – $79,456.00 / year
Supplemental Pay: Based on position, schedule and/or availability: Overtime, Paid Mileage, Incentive Plan
Mileage and Expense Reimbursement: 53 cents per mile
CULTURE, BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- We value diversity, equity and inclusion and know it matters for our team members and our patients. We provide welcoming, supportive and inclusive care to our patients and a work environment where all team members feel respected and valued.
- We support a culture of work-life balance and provide team members a free, confidential and robust benefit program designed to provide solutions to the logistical and financial problems that arise in life.
- Paid Time Off (PTO/Vacation Pay/Sick Leave) and EIB (Extended Illness Bank): accrued
- Seven Paid Holidays with an additional Floating Holiday
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match: 50% match up to 8% of your compensation
- Early Wage Access
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Medical and Dental Coverages with Employer Contribution: employee rates have not increased four of the last six years
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with Employer Funding: Single $1,000, Family $2,000 (2022)
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance: Company Paid
- Long-Term Disability: Company Paid
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D (Employee, Spouse, Child(ren))
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Care
- Legal and Identity Protection
- Referral and Certification Bonus Programs
- Employer Assistance Programs
- Employee Recognition Program
REWARDING WORK YOU WILL DO:
Builds and maintains customer relationships and leverages those relationships to increase referral volume, extend length of stay, and expand market share in the community we serve. Provides information and promotes hospice programs and services through campaigns to grow referral sources including but not limited to: healthcare-related agencies, skilled nursing and assisted living, physicians, facilities and hospitals. Will have direct involvement and oversight of the Pikes Peak Hospice and Palliative Care NHPCO We Honor Veterans Program including bed salutes and pinning ceremonies.
- Builds effective relationships within assigned accounts i.e., Long-Term Care/Assisted Living facilities, physician offices, home health, and other partners to promote communication, problem-solving, and opportunities to position the affiliate as the preferred hospice, palliative and home health care provider.
- Utilizes and provides input with regards to marketing campaigns and associated tools to build brand awareness.
- Provides effective outreach and education to achieve strategic goals and maximize market potential. Keep detailed records of outreach activities and create a schedule of future actions.
- Cultivates new contacts and referral sources. Collaborates with Communication/Marketing and clinical teams to create marketing strategies to increase appropriate and timely referrals.
- Works with all key stakeholders to understand and address identified barriers to hospice, palliative and home health referrals.
- Educates medical community on the benefits of hospice, palliative and home health care for patients, family and caregivers by attending community events, trade shows and other public events as well as attendance at meetings and company functions.
- Assists with assessing our service delivery with referral sources through periodic surveys, utilizing report information and conveying recommended changes to processes and programs as appropriate.
- Assists with obtaining Election of Benefits, as requested, to Hospice, Palliative care and Home Health.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
WHAT WE ARE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations or healthcare-related field preferred. Experience in lieu of education may be considered.
- Minimum Experience: Two to three (2-3) years’ experience in marketing, sales, or healthcare relationship management focused on the veteran population.
- Required License: Valid Colorado state driver’s license and current auto insurance.
- Prior military experience preferred, with honorable discharge.
- Must possess a working knowledge of VA benefits and have the skills to obtain and provide guidance on available resources through the VA system.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to lift/carry a minimum of 30 lbs.
Pikes Peak Hospice and Palliative Care is affiliated with Care Synergy, a nonprofit network of community-based hospice and palliative care organizations serving Colorado’s Front Range and the Region’s Largest Home Health, Hospice, and Palliative Care Network. Care Synergy provides mission support services to better equip Pikes Peak Hospice and Palliative Care to operate as a distinct and independent organization while working together to share best practices and serve more Coloradans along the Front Range.
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation/identity, transgender status military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classifications.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Veteran Liaison (2550 Tenderfoot Hill Street, Colorado Springs, CO, USA) ]