San Diego, CA, USA
San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
The Veterans Fellowship Program is designed to foster a seamless transition for veterans from active duty to the civilian work environment by providing an excellent opportunity to gain practical work experience in our integrated aviation environment; duties assigned may vary widely depending on the department needs.
The one-year fellowship provides an excellent opportunity for veterans with great initiative. Selected veterans will gain practical work experience in our integrated aviation environment. Our program offers an array of valuable growth opportunities:
- Hands on work experience.
- Heighten understanding of the aviation industry’s diverse facets.
- Workshops with subject matter experts on resume writing and interviewing skills, networking and building relationships, and corporate business practices.
- Networking with the leadership team and fellow employees.
- Gaining perspective from team members who successfully transitioned from the military to the civilian workforce.
This role will assist the Finance Department with development and management of the Authority’s capital budget.
Examples of duties include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the planning, development, and monitoring of capital budgets; with direction and guidance, review and analyze financial plan projections and documents; learn to perform basic revenue, expenditure, and other analysis.
- With guidance from management, monitor, track, and analyze actual performance against budget; analyze budget proposals; develop, analyze, update, and distribute various periodic and ad-hoc financial reports and statements.
- Learn to perform financial analyses and statistical computations for various financial models, feasibility studies and cost allocations; verify accuracy of financial information and cost charges to capital development and major maintenance projects.
- Relationship Management. Ability to work with others to benefit the organizational business objectives and goals.
- Critical Evaluation. Ability to analyze and define a problem, evaluate alternative solutions, and identify an optimal solution; listens and clarifies information as needed.
- Agility. Readily adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Communication. Effectively exchange information with stakeholders through various avenues, including but not limited to verbal, written, facilitation, and persuasion.
- Leveraging Technology: Proficient in computer systems, MS Office Suite, ERP, or other financial software.
- Ethical Conduct & Integrity: Ability to perform work responsibilities with honesty and consistency.
Experience & Education:
- A minimum of three (3) years of active duty or mobilized reserve duty service.
- Documentation of an honorable discharge (DD214) from active or reserve status within the last year.*
*An exception will be made to the one-year requirement listed above for full-time students enrolled in a degree or certification program since honorable discharge; a transcript must be provided.
***Applications without a copy of form DD214, and if applicable, college transcripts will not be considered.
Hiring reward is $27.89 per hour.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
As a condition of employment, the selected candidate must provide proof of fully-vaccinated COVID-19 vaccination status prior to their first day of employment unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved by the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority’s Talent, Culture & Capability Department.
Physical & Mental Demands
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Veteran Fellowship – Financial Analyst (San Diego, CA, USA) ]