Oahu, Hawaii, USA
Hawaii Geophysical Services
Utility Locating Technician
Hawaii Geophysical Services, LLC – Honolulu, Hawaii
HGS is currently seeking an Underground Utility Locator.
Entry level wage starts at $15 per hour with potential for pay rate increases as ability is proven and experience is gained. With 3-5 years experiences in the industry wage could be $25 per hour or more. Wages up to $32.00/hour commensurate with verified experience and ability.
HGS Locators are responsible, self-motivated individuals who enjoy working outdoors. We are committed to training the right individual who is committed to safety, comfortable working on their own, pays close attention to detail, and takes pride in completing a job well done.
Our Underground Utility Locators use computer utility maps and specialized equipment to find underground cables, pipes and other underground utilities to prevent damages and ensure safety during excavation.
Problem-solvers who know that quality is their priority should consider a career as an Underground Utility Locator with HGS.
• Mark underground utilities on HGS projects
• Operate vacuum excavation truck
• Record collected field data in field books and or sketches
• Aid in maintenance of all utility location equipment
• Assist utility analyst with files and field calculations
• Paid Training
• Competitive Wages
• Dental and Health Insurance
• Paid vacation
• Work Vehicle
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attitude:
• High school diploma.
• Computer Skills, autocad a plus.
• Valid driver’s license in Hawaii.
• Must be able to work overtime when duties cannot be performed within a normal work schedule.
• Will be subject to HGS Drug-Free Workplace Program, and complete a pre-employment drug screening upon request.
• Must be able to work independently and demonstrate initiative and self-direction
• Must have excellent communication skills, be able to work in conjunction with the entire HGS team, and must communicate with all team members and clients in a polite and timely manner
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employees regularly:
• Drive 25 to 200+ miles daily as required by assigned geographic locating area.
• Get in and out of a vehicle 25+ times a day.
• Stand and walk lengthy distances (1+ miles) over uneven terrain in all weather conditions.
• Sit for long periods of time while driving.
• Lift and/or move 50 to 150 pounds.
• Work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Entry level wage starts at $15 per hour with potential for pay rate increases as ability is proven and experience is gained. With 3-5 years experiences in the industry wage could be $25 per hour or more. Wages up to $32.00/hour commensurate with verified experience and ability.
• High school
Required license or certification:
• Driver’s License
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Utility Locating Technician ]