Memphis, TN, USA
**Currently accepting applications for upcoming education openings for 2018/2019**Ask about our $4,000 sign-on/retention payment** & $2,000 Relocation Assistance.
Youth Villages has been a national leader in the implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children’s mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
Youth Villages’ Residential Treatment programs serve children with emotional and behavioral problems. Our residential campuses provide the setting for an intensive treatment program that combines the unique balance of structure and freedom. This enables children and their families to identify, understand and cope with their individual needs and develop the skills necessary to succeed in less restrictive settings. We have three different types of facilities—Intensive Residential Centers, Open Campuses, and Group Homes. Located in Tennessee, Georgia, and Oregon, all of these facilities utilize the Re-Education of Emotionally Disturbed Children therapy model (Re-Ed). The majority of these youth attend the fully accredited schools which are located on our residential treatment campuses.
- Plan for individual and group activities to stimulate growth in language, social, and other skills.
- Participate in training and in-service activities.
- Administer and interprets testing to determine academic needs.
- Develop and uses a variety of teaching techniques.
- Produce lesson plans that reflect the individual educational needs of students.
- Prepare reports in compliance with school guidelines.
- Maintain progress notes, attendance records, and grade scores in a timely manner.
- Other essential duties as needed.
- Candidates may have the opportunity to teach in specialized subjects
- Monday – Friday, 7:30am to 3:30pm.
Small Class Sizes to allow more one on one attention to individual students and their educational needs. The standard Youth Villages class size ranges from 8-15 children.
Tuition & Licensure reimbursement, and training for your career growth and advancement
- A Bachelor’s degree in education with appropriate certification is required (K-12)
Active Licensure in TN with an endorsement in Special Education, Math, English or Science is required.
- Experience in special education or teaching experience in a clinical environment is preferred
- Experience working with at-risk youth a major plus
- Experience working with youth is required
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
Experience growth and development through our continuous training, as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement, or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
- Retirement Savings Pension Plan
- 403 (b)
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Paid Parental Leave
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 10 paid holidays
- Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)