Williamsport, PA, USA
Central PA Food Bank
Come Work for a Wonderful Non-Profit Company in Central Pennsylvania!
We are looking for an experienced full-time Transportation Manager – Northern Tier responsible for the overall coordination and supervision of all personnel who transport and pick up products for the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank (CPFB) in the Northern Tier. The Transportation Manager directly reports to the Director of Logistics for day-to-day activities also conduct safety meetings, coordinate driver accidents and incidents, vehicle maintenance, Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements, and any other driver or vehicle functions. This position plans and adjusts the daily driver routes and schedules and acts as backup if a driver cannot perform their duties due to illness, emergency, Paid Time Off (PTO) or an additional delivery is needed. The Transportation Manager will also approve PTO for drivers, conduct annual driver appraisals and approve drivers’ payroll hours. This role is also responsible for working with various warehouse operations, customer service, agency programs and services, and inventory control in the Williamsport Hub.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging:
Hunger disproportionately harms neighbors and communities that have been systemically marginalized. As we work toward a future where no one in central Pennsylvania lives with hunger, we must also work against racism and other systemic obstacles that prevent people from thriving. We will listen to and learn from members of historically under-represented groups. We will value their lived expertise and experiences as we shape our charitable food network to equitably meet the needs of our neighbors. We will ensure that our diverse community is reflected in our board of directors, management, staff, volunteers, partner organizations, and donors in a manner that upholds equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account/ Flexible Spending Account
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short-term Disability & Long-term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
· Assist in the hiring of drivers for the Northern Tier.
· Responsible for completing and conducting the annual driver reviews, approving drivers’ payroll hours and approving PTO time.
· Create and maintain the drivers’ daily manifest of delivery and pickup routes.
· Schedule all transportation preventative maintenance appointments, maintenance upkeep, including Diesel Emission Fluid (DEF) supply, and maintain all truck paperwork for the fleet including monthly mileage, fuel tax reporting, Driver Vehicle Condition Reports (DVCRs) and vehicle substitution information.
· Manage daily and emergency maintenance issue that arise with leasing companies and other providers. Coordinate any vehicle breakdowns and/or accidents keeping the Director of Logistics apprised of the situations. Complete appropriate incident/accident reports in a timely fashion and forward to the appropriate persons for further processing (i.e., Director of Logistics, Chief Operations Officer, and/or Chief Administration Officer).
· Schedule the drivers for required DOT physicals and drug testing.
· Assist and direct the drivers in loading and unloading their vehicles for their daily routes.
· Direct drivers when they return to the warehouse with backhauls and routine tasks.
· Scheduling pick-ups with food donors.
· Backup the Customer Service Associate by answering calls, making delivery calls, and recording driver call-in times.
· Receive, submit, and set up delivery orders for The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) in Lycoming, Clinton, and Columbia counties.
· Backup the Customer Service Coordinator with the daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly duties.
· Become familiar with the Primarius warehouse operating system, regarding to orders, deliveries, inventory, and reports.
· In instances of a federal, state, or locally declared emergency, CPFB is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all employees may be called in to perform regular or emergent duties.
· This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required with strong working experience in Logistics or Business Management.
· Five (5) to seven (7) years of managerial experience preferred.
· Previous work experience in a non-profit business or logistic environment preferred.
· Additional years of experience combined with an Associate’s degree would be considered in lieu of having a Bachelor’s degree.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Passion for the CPFB’s mission and core values.
· Ability to understand and work with the diverse dynamics of a non-profit as well as multi-cultural populations.
· Spanish speaking preferred.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively with program partners.
· Possess project management skills.
· Passion for customer service excellence (internal and external), professional etiquette, personal boundaries, and the ability to maintain confidentiality. Must be friendly, outgoing, positive attitude, and comfortable speaking to people.
· Must have a professional demeanor with the ability to work cooperatively across all levels of the organization.
· Must be detail oriented with the ability to work independently, plan, prioritize, take initiative, resolve problems, meet deadlines, and multi-task.
· Must be reliable with high integrity and a strong work ethic.
· Must possess strong critical thinking skills and recognize opportunities for improvement in the completion of tasks and projects.
· Exhibit strong interpersonal, problem-solving, team building, program management, and administrative skills.
· Must be positive, cooperative, honest, and dependable.
· Exhibit strong verbal, written, analytical, presentation, planning, time management, and organizational skills. Ability to write, edit and proofread correspondence and presentation materials for accuracy and style.
· Possess effective negotiation and problem-solving skills.
· Must be able to adapt to schedule changes easily.
· Knowledge of the organization’s computer software and systems, including Microsoft Office Suite, department-specific software systems, telecommunications, and internet applications.
· Ability to attend departmental and all-staff meetings as directed, staying informed of ongoing changes in department and overall organization.
· May directly supervise up to eight (8) CDL drivers.
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
· Responsibilities include interviewing, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
Physical Requirements or Licenses:
· A valid CDL B license, medical card, and clean driving record.
· Must be able to use an electric pallet jack and forklift or become certified to do so.
· Conditions may include working closely with others, working alone, and working protracted or irregular hours.
· Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
· Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· May be exposed to working outside in inclement weather, wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold, working closely with others, working alone, and working protracted or irregular hours.
· May occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places.
· The noise level is usually moderate.
· Be prepared to work in inclement weather.
The selected applicant will join a collaborative, values-driven, dynamic team that derives joy from the work and is passionate about resourcing the work to end hunger and its root causes.
The Food Bank’s work culture is progressive, forward-thinking, and equity minded. Staff have the opportunity to fully develop their potential in a variety of ways. As organizational leaders, in shaping programs and advocacy efforts and in working towards a future where no one should be hungry.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by August 25, 2023 to Central Pennsylvania Food Bank, Department of Human Resources, 3908 Corey Road, Harrisburg, PA 17109, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and seek to bring our values of equity, diversity, and inclusion to our hiring process. Beyond our commitment to non-discrimination, we encourage applications from applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our organization and who have lived experience of inequity.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Transportation Manager (Williamsport, PA, USA) ]