Minneapolis, MN; Kansas City, MO; St. Louis, MO
Over the years, Stinson has provided more than one million dollars in scholarships that supported nearly 70 scholars. In 2018, we revamped our efforts and launched the Stinson LLP Minority Fellowship, which provides substantial tuition assistance, a dedicated attorney mentor, and a paid Summer Associate position. We are proud to have awarded the fellowship to ten students since its inception. Students from any U.S. ABA-accredited law school are welcome to apply.
- 1L Summer Associate paid position at Stinson LLP (see Stinson’s Law Students page for more details about the Summer Program: https://www.stinson.com/careers-summer-associate-program)
- $15,000 in law school tuition assistance following successful completion of the 1L summer associate program and Fellow’s acceptance of a 2L Summer Associate position
- Additional $15,000 in law school tuition assistance after successful completion of the 2L Summer Associate program and Fellow’s acceptance of a full time associate position
- Assigned firm mentor
- Be a 1L member of a racial minority group historically underrepresented in the legal profession
- Have a strong academic record as an undergraduate, graduate (if applicable) and law school student
- Be interested in areas of the law that match the firm’s practice areas
- Demonstrate strong legal writing skills
- Be committed to practicing law in the firm’s locations in which the candidate is seeking a Summer Associate position (currently only available in Kansas City, Minneapolis, and St. Louis)
Application requirements (PDF Format preferred):
- One page cover letter including office preference, academic and leadership/community achievements, and a statement of how the applicant qualifies for the Fellowship
- Undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts (unofficial versions are acceptable)
- Law school transcript (unofficial versions are acceptable). If an applicant’s law school transcript is unavailable at the time of application, the applicant may instead provide the anticipated date for receipt of grades and supplement with the transcript once available. Please send supplemental law school transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Legal writing sample
Application Deadline: January 13, 2022.
Apply online at https://www.stinson.com/careers-summer-associate-program. In the cover letter, indicate that the application is for the Minority Fellowship. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. For questions, contact the Attorney Recruiting Team at email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered for this position.
For information about Stinson, visit us at www.stinson.com and the NALP Directory of Legal Employers, https://www.nalpdirectory.com/. For more information about Diversity & Inclusion at Stinson, visit https://www.stinson.com/about-diversity-inclusion.
Stinson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply to be considered for open positions. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. We conduct criminal background checks of all individuals offered employment.
Stinson LLP is a federal contractor. Information gathered through applicant Voluntary Self-Identification will be used periodically with various government agencies for statistical reporting and to measure the effectiveness of our Affirmative Action and EEO outreach efforts. All information is requested on a voluntary basis and will be kept confidential. We will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Applicants with a disability that are in need of an accommodation to complete the application process, or otherwise need assistance or an accommodation in the recruiting process should contact Human Resources at 316.268.7962 or email Talent@stinson.com.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Stinson LLP Minority Fellowship (Minneapolis, MN; Kansas City, MO; St. Louis, MO) ]