Atlanta, GA, USA
Workforce Opportunity Services
Training and Employment
Program for Veterans
Training Begins: January 24th, 2022
Training Location: Atlanta, GA
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) and United Rentals are looking to hire motivated Veterans with service past September 11, 2001 that have an interest in a fulfilling career as a Service Technician.
The program consists of 9 weeks of FREE training. Training is broken into 5 weeks of classroom training and 4 weeks of on-the-job training (OJT). During classroom training, participants take basic mechanic courses taught by Universal Technical Institute, and will receive targeted vender equipment training in the proper and safe usage of equipment.
During OJT, participants will spend time at a designated location learning to perform equipment inspections, basic maintenance tasks and demonstrate diagnostic/troubleshooting skills under the supervision of senior level technicians. Managers at each location will assess skills weekly to ensure participants are placed appropriately within United Rentals.
Primary responsibilities will include the maintenance and repair of the following systems on a variety of customer equipment and tools:
- WOS will provide lodging for candidates who reside outside of the training area.
- Candidates will be eligible to apply for any open Tech Level I or II position within United Rentals (Nationwide).
- Admission to the program is highly competitive.
- There is no cost to participate. This program will NOT affect the GI Bill.
- All candidates will be required to have a COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof before acceptance into the program.
- All candidates will be required to take a COVID-19 test upon ARRIVAL at the training location.
- You must test NEGATIVE to participate in the program.
- Military service past 9/11/2001 (Reserve and Guard included)
- Honorable Discharge (OTH or Gen Discharges are not eligible)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical background/aptitude
- Prior to being accepted into the program, you must complete a Mechanical Aptitude Assessment.
- Must have a current/valid Driver’s License
- Must be willing to relocate
- Starting salaries (depending on location and mechanical experience):
- $18 – $20 per hour for Tech I
- $20 – $22 per hour for Tech II
- Those selected for training will receive a $625/Week stipend (paid bi-weekly).
Founded in 2005, Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to developing the skills of untapped talent from historically underrepresented communities through partnerships with organizations dedicated to diversifying their workforce. This includes people of color, first-generation college graduates, veterans and early-career aspirants.
Utilizing a scientifically-based model derived from research conducted at Columbia University, we recruit, educate, train, and place high-potential candidates with leading organizations around the world. To date, WOS has served 6000+ individuals through partnerships with more than 65 corporations in 60+ locations worldwide. For more information, visit wforce.org.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Service Technician ]