Davie, FL, USA
AirQuest Environmental, Inc.
AirQuest Environmental, Inc. is an Environmental and Industrial Hygiene Consulting Firm that offers professional services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States. AirQuest is seeking a Full Time, Senior Bookkeeper/Accounting Professional to be based out of our Fort Lauderdale, Florida office.
You will be an integral part of the accounting team by serving as a point of contact for management regarding accounting tasks. The job has a significant bookkeeping component including all aspects of accounts payable, accounts receivable, client invoicing and payroll. You will be expected to perform general bookkeeping tasks, along with more advanced accounting tasks with a focus on servicing clients and employees. We expect that you will be responsible for assisting in the development of the company’s accounting structure through research and understanding of the company’s needs and we expect that the position will grow over time into a management position.
- Typical hours range from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Monday-Friday
- Pay rates offered are contingent on experience
- 401(k) & 401(k) Matching
- Health Insurance
- Health Insurance – Vision, Dental
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Professional Development Assistance
Specific Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Accounts payable and receivable bookkeeping.
- Reviewing and approving timesheets and expense reports.
- Processing payroll.
- Prepare financial statements, maintain the company’s general and subsidiary accounts, perform account reconciliations, maintain payroll records, cash management.
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
- Collaborate with management to create goals and expectations for the accounting department.
- Research and collect data for various accounting initiatives.
- Prepare customer invoicing.
- Generate, review, analyze and communicate financial data that reflects actual financial performance against approved budgets.
- Compile and prepare journal entries to general ledger accounts.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Keep abreast of new developments in the accounting field.
- Keep abreast of document retention requirements.
- Use judgment and professional skills in determining appropriate procedures for preparation of accounting records, research of transactions and reporting.
- Concurrently perform multiple assignments.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and other reports to be used by management for analyzing financial information.
- Assist with analysis of accounting transactions.
- Prepare tax schedules and apply basic knowledge of tax rules to assist in preparation of tax reports and returns.
- Apply the financial policies and procedures of the company. Bring inconsistencies and problems to the attention of management.
- Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, confidentiality and personal conduct.
- Degree in an accounting-related field.
- 2+ Years in Payroll experience.
- 3+ Years Book-keeping experience
- Professional services experience desired.
- Government contracting experience desired.
- Deltek Ajera software experience is a plus!
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities.
- Adaptability for a high-potential-growth company.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Very strong spreadsheet, database, word processing, and other computer skills.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Credit Check Required.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Senior Bookkeeper (Davie, FL, USA) ]