Columbia, SC, USA
Columbia Museum of Art
Title: Security Supervisor and Facility Specialist
Reports to: Facility Operations and Systems Manager
Purpose: To maintain a safe and secure environment for visitors, employees, and the art; to assist facility management; to provide support in the execution of internal and external programs and events for the Columbia Museum of Art (CMA).
Responsibilities: This position is under the direct guidance of the Facility Operations and Systems Manager. Responsible for assigned scheduled facility operations, assigned and/or identified event and program needs and supervision of part-time security staff. In addition to providing & facilitating an excellent guest experience contributing to the museum’s commitment to be welcoming, community-centered, vibrant, playful, and inspiring.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Security Supervisor (40%)
Handles all Security Supervisor duties for the building on assigned shifts.
- Supervise Gallery Attendants
- Supervise the security needs of events and programs
- Wear a portable transceiver and earpiece at all times while away from console, respond promptly to any communication, and use the portable transceiver in a professional manner at all times
- Perform Standard Operation Procedures in opening and closing the facility
- Assist in proper management of security console operations to respond to issues, anticipate needs, and prevent problems
- Prevent losses and damages via established reporting protocols; inform violators of policy and procedures
- Prepare incident reports stemming from violations of CMA Code of Conduct
- Understand, implement, and supervise fire and life safety procedures
- Strictly adhere to all tenets of the Facility Security Guidelines and the Emergency and Disaster Plan
- Attend Team trainings or Front-Line Staff meetings as required
- Maintain museum’s professional standards of conduct at all times and in all communications with clients, museum guests, board members, donors, and other museum staff
Facility Specialist (40%)
Provide support and supervision to events and programs to include, but not limited to, setup, breakdown, AV/IT work, housekeeping, and vendor management
- Understand and manage AV/IT operations for events and programs
- Prepare and operate lighting controls for events and programs, and HVAC for adjustments
- Assist and communicate any changes of floorplans
- Supervise and/or perform all setup/break down of CMA owned property and equipment
- Supervise and/or perform cleaning operations prior to and after events and programs
- Support event and program managers in vendor management as needed
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Provide excellent customer service at all times, before, during, and after events, assisting with staff and guests’ needs as they arise and as directed
- Think creatively and problem-solve in the moment to support Facility, event, or program manager
Boyd Plaza Assistance (20%)
Provide support to maintain a visitor friendly plaza to include, but not limited to, handling trash, furniture placement, fountains, and lighting.
- Service Plaza operations for events, programs, and daily operations
- Assist with electricity and lighting for event
- Manage the upkeep of trash, table and chair placement/clean up
- Manage the safety and code of conduct on the plaza
Secondary Responsibilities Include:
- General awareness of exhibit information
- Assisting in Special Event and Programming set up operations
- Assisting Front Desk needs
- Strictly adhere to the start and completion of all shift schedules
- Strictly adhere to supplied uniform and personal appearance decorum
- Promote by example and mentoring all aspects of customer service standards
- Be an advocate for the museum at all times, including in the community at large
Job Type: This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Primarily nights and weekends, varies per week. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- High School graduation (some college preferred) or GED
- Experience with supervision of workers of diverse ages and backgrounds
- Experience in general security management
- Calmness in crisis problem solving
- Self-directed, motivated, and able to convey clear direction in a team atmosphere
- Knowledge of security console operations and fire systems
- Position requires weekends, with overnights and holidays as needed
- 1+ years security work or background.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic two-way radio usage skills.
- Basic knowledge of electrical troubleshooting and repair.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing troubleshooting and repair.
- Basic knowledge of carpentry skills.
- Critical thinking, effective oral and written communication skills
Knowledge and Experience: Experience in facility operations, service industry or events helpful. Experience working in a team environment, excellent customer service and communication skills required.
Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to periodically lift 50 pounds individually and 100 pounds in a two-person team
- Ability to use Office 365 to include MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Adopt and exemplify the CMA core values
- Ability to develop scenario plans, train staff, and seek information on an as-needed basis
- Ability to stand out as a positive role model for subordinates, peers, and guests of the CMA
- Should have passion for the job and the museum and is creative, innovative, agile, and flexible
- Be a positive, confident employee and an advocate for the museum.
- Be a highly motivated team player who is enthusiastic and proactive, and who thrives in a very fast-paced environment
- Possess a strong sense of urgency, priority, and follow-through
- Work independently, anticipate needs, and manage multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
- Be able to work collegially with staff across departments to achieve common objectives.
- Discretion and sound judgment are required. Maintain the highest professional and ethical standards.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience that demonstrates proven successes and results: $27,689 -$44,649, plus benefits.
Contact: The Columbia Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity, accessibility, equity, and inclusion. Confidential inquiries, applications, and recommendations are welcome. Please email current resume and cover letter to Mrs. Jeanna Dixon-McCray, at email@example.com with “Security Supervisor & Facility Specialist” in the subject line.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [SECURITY SUPERVISOR & FACILITY SPECIALIST (Columbia, SC, USA) ]