Akron, OH, USA
Archbishop Hoban High School
Our Mission: We are a Catholic high school in the Holy Cross Tradition. We celebrate our diversity, value each person and welcome one another with the hospitality of Christ. As a family of learners, anchored in gospel values, we empower each other to grow spiritually, develop intellectually and reach out in service to others. Within an innovative and orderly learning environment, we are committed to challenging each student in both heart and mind to be a compassionate individual, a lifelong learner, and a responsible steward of God’s creation.
Position: Security Services
Position Summary: The primary responsibility of this full-time position is to provide for the overall safety and security of our students, administration, faculty, staff, and visitors of Archbishop Hoban High School.
- Patrol school grounds as assigned and maintain a physical presence in assigned and roving areas as needed.
- Implement programs and procedures that ensure the safety and security of our students, faculty, administration, staff, and visitors.
- Maintain records related to safety and security issues.
- Understand, interpret and apply the standards of the Archbishop Hoban High School Student Handbook.
- Deaccelerate volatile situations and ability to respond to unexpected or unforeseen situations promptly and quickly in calm, and reasonable manner.
- Record and report observations, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
- Respond to routine emergency calls for assistance.
- Initiate and cultivate positive relationships with students, administration, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Commit to ongoing professional development and training.
- Protect and maintain confidential information.
- Ohio Peace Officers Training Certification in accordance with Ohio Revised Code 109.78.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule as needed.
- Embrace the Mission of the school.
- At least two years of security services is preferred.
- Strong initiative and desire to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and oral/written communication skills.
- Appropriate criminal records check by the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation and Federal Bureau of investigation. Have attended or willing to attend a VIRTUS Protecting God’s Children training.
- Comprehensive benefits package to include; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, generous sick time, personal time, vacation time, professional development allowance, 401k match and additional 401k school contribution, fitness center, and year-long spiritual engagement opportunities.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Security Services (Akron, OH, USA) ]