New York, NY, USA
Trinity Church Wall Street
The Security Manager (SM) reports to the Assistant Director, Security (ADS) and works with staff, volunteers and leadership to ensure that they and their constituents are and feel safe. The primary objective of the SM is to manage all operational aspects of the Trinity security program for a specific property or properties. The SM has on-site supervision of plainclothes and uniformed security personnel, armed and unarmed, who are assigned to individual properties or groups of properties within the Mission Properties portfolio; i.e. 76 Trinity Place, Trinity Church and Saint Paul’s Chapel, etc. The SM has a customer-service / hospitality focused approach and understands the importance of working with all stakeholders and tenants to achieve an efficient and safe working environment. The SM demonstrates deep experience and in-depth understanding of corporate and public security operations, building life safety codes and procedures and experience with third-party security vendors. The SM has knowledge and experience with contemporary building security (processes, procedures, and equipment), screening and access systems and methods. The SM has experience in public event settings and working with all segments of the community. This position may assume the duties of the ADS as needed during absences, emergencies, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of security guard field operations on all shifts; including training of guards and other security personnel, on-site supervision, scheduled and unscheduled post inspections, record-keeping, and coordination with (future) Security Command Center.
- Ensure all security guard posts are properly staffed, equipped and supervised 24×365, and ensure all security guard operations are being conducted in accordance with Trinity Security Department SOP and within the terms of any applicable laws, regulations and service contracts.
- Serve as liaison between Security Dept. and contractors, NYPD and first responders, and Trinity management at the assigned site. Attend meetings to address security issues, disseminate security information, and foster security consciousness and behaviors within the organization
- Development of security guard post procedures, standing orders, special orders as-needed, and development of security emergency plans for special circumstances and events; i.e. extreme weather, demonstrations etc.
- Assist in managing all electronic security systems, i.e. access control, intrusion detection, elevator controls, video management, visitor management, badging etc.
- Assist the DS and ADS in executing security protocols for special events.
- Assist with life-safety training, drills and exercises.
- Assist with oversight of fire prevention and other safety systems.
- Assist with emergency response and evacuations.
- Prepare work schedules and delegate responsibilities to the appropriate security staff and vendors.
- Provide security training for employees, contractors and others as needed.
- Respond to emergency calls and situations throughout the Campus and other Mission Properties
- Perform additional duties, as required.
- Adhere to confidentiality rules and all other Trinity Wall Street policies, procedures, and rules.
- Perform all duties in a professional manner that promotes Trinity’s mission and core values.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- BS/BA in one of the following: Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Business, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a Law Enforcement, Corporate Security, Life-Safety position or similar role.
- Advanced skills and understanding of security in a variety of corporate and public environments.
- Working knowledge of all applicable security and life-safety standards, codes, and regulations established by federal, state, and local agencies.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing people and customers; strong oral/written communication, negotiation, and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills to effectively manage complex operations.
- Excellent judgement; strong problem-solving and crisis-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Professional ethics and values in alignment with Trinity’s Core Values.
- Ability to work flexible hours Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS
- Experience in law enforcement or other related public protection service.
- Second language fluency is notable.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Security Manager ]