1750 New Highway, Farmingdale, NY, USA
The Safety Training Manager is responsible for ensuring that all health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to and that safe practices are adopted. They help to plan, implement, monitor and review the protective and preventative measures that are in place that employees are required to follow, and work to minimize operational losses, occupational health problems, incidents and injuries.
- Communicates with Project Managers, Health and Safety Officers, Facility Health and Safety Representatives and the Director of Health and Safety to ensure field safety for all jobsites and facilities.
- Supports the Posillico Project Managers in the developing of and implementation of project health and safety training programs in accordance with Client expectations and Posillico policies and procedures.
- Administers training and ensures all training for Posillico employees is accomplished and current.
- Keeps employee safety training records with Training Tracker.
- Administers the Site Health and Safety Program and advises the Project Managers with regard to all matters of health and safety associated with their projects.
- Implements and Administers the Site Specific HASP to include client’s safety program and Posillico policies and procedures.
- Performs duties in accordance with Posillico Health and Safety Program Procedures, Posillico policies and procedures and the site-specific health and safety plans.
- Provides Leadership and daily supervision for all safety personnel.
- Provides safety orientation (includes Posillico site specific HASP) to Posillico and subcontractors.
- Serves as Health and Safety Competent Person as defined by OSHA standard.
- Provides Leadership for all safety personnel assigned to project.
- Provides site orientation (includes Posillico site specific HASP) to Posillico and subcontractors working on project.
- Incident investigator.
- Ensures appropriate investigations are completed, and sent to Risk Management in a timely manner.
- Coordinates investigation process with Project Manager, Corporate Office and Client.
- Assists clients Site Health and Safety Manager in preparation of audits.
- Conducts daily site audits and inspections.
- Reports and documents incidents and issues related to site safety.
- Assists the Project with regard to incident investigations.
- Coordinates daily side wide tasks with Project Supervisor addressing safety concerns and resolutions.
- Supervises all site monitoring activities
- BA / BS degree in engineering, safety, health sciences, or equivalent, or have equivalent experience in an occupational safety capacity
- 5+ years’ health and safety experience with health and safety compliance. Experience in the Construction industry required.
- OSHA 500 Certification.
- HazWoper 40 / Train The Trainer preferred
- NYC Site Safety Manager License preferred
- NYC Site Fire Safety Manager License preferred
- Able to demand, encourage, and motivate participation in the company’s safety program
- Effective communicator; both oral and written
- The ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with co-workers, clients, and agency inspectors
- The ability to develop and implement efficient and effective procedures
- A moderate level of IT skills with excel, word, and power point applications
- Patience and diplomacy; the position requires a collaborative approach
Reports to: Health and Safety Director
Business Unit: Health and Safety
Location: Farmingdale, NY and Long Island, NYC & NJ Field
Compensation: Commensurate upon experience
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Safety Training Manager & Field Supervisor ]