Glendale Heights, IL, USA
Fast-Rite International, Inc.
The Manager of Quality is responsible for developing quality standards and inspection activities, for ensuring that incoming material and finished goods meet authorized quality standards; develops plans to bring about improvement in the quality of products. Aids in the improvement of procedures or processes influencing product quality.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Initiates and implements quality improvement activities as appropriate (e.g., Kaizen, DMAIC,
- Six Sigma, TQM)
- Manages Quality team for effective results
- Educates and trains employees.
- Develops, manages and integrates a QMS for operations.
- Serves as the primary quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Manages quality control personnel on a day-to-day basis.
- Supports concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects as required, and major bid preparation, representing quality and the customer.
- Designs, implements, and documents procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Establishes and implements metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
- Performs root-cause analysis and other problem-solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Establishes collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvement of product quality.
- Analyzes customers’ product specifications
- Interacts with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback.
- Oversees calibration and testing programs.
- Reports to management on quality issues, trends, and losses.
- Manages and participates in internal and external quality audits.
- Interfaces customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- All other reasonable duties, as assigned.
- Responsible for accuracy and integrity of part master files in SAP
- Preferred: 1 to 2 years’ experience within stamping industry with knowledge of products and how they are utilized. Understanding of manufacturing process as related to materials, coatings, markings, etc. (Bachelor’s degree required.)
· Experience in manufacturing of stamped, formed, and machined products is preferred
- One – Two years’ minimum management/supervisory experience.
- Proficient in computer skills: Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- ERP system experience required
- Ability to work effectively in self-directed, fast paced environment.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and communicate clearly with both customers and associates.
- Prior stampings experience preferred
- PPAP experience desirable
- Communication Proficiency
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Process and Results Driven
- Technical Capacity
- Customer Sensitivity
- Records Accuracy and Organization
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Reading Skills
- Time Management
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, metallurgy, mechanical, manufacturing or industrial engineering
- Three – Five years of experience in QA systems implementation and management
Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Fast-Rite employees directly in an attempt to present candidates
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
We are proud to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Fast-Rite maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
- Waiting period may apply
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Quality Manager (Glendale Heights, IL, USA) ]