Mainly in Birmingham, MI and Lathrup Village, MI. Also in Lansing, Ann Arbor, Southfield, Taylor, Farmington Hills, West Bloomfield, and other nearby cities.
The Surnow Company is proud to have managed property since 1978, resulting in a sterling reputation in our community. We manage a diverse portfolio concentrated on office and retail properties from our headquarters in Birmingham, Michigan. We seek a property maintenance person who shares our professionalism and our emphasis on customer service.
We are seeking qualified candidates for a maintenance position working in southeast Michigan. Hourly wage starts at $15.00/hour with greater potential based on experience and certifications.
Qualified candidates should be handy with basic building repairs and maintenance, as part of a team which includes staff or contractors with various skills. Candidates must be detail-oriented, organized, self-starters who can rapidly switch tasks and jump into action as needed. Prior maintenance experience is helpful, particularly in heating, cooling, electrical, or plumbing. Candidates must have their own reliable transportation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Respond to service requests from office and retail occupants
- Maintain vacant units
- Upkeep of property and grounds
- Respond to urgent service emergencies
- Snow, leaf, and trash removal
- Keep notes, records and time sheets as needed
- Treat our tenants with patience and a can-do attitude at all times
All candidates must complete pre-employment screening including drug test, criminal background, and driving record.
Job Type: This is contract work on a part-time basis.
Pay: $15.00 or greater per hour
- maintenance technician: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Work may be at our Birmingham headquarters office for meetings during the week.
- Work will also be In the field at office and retail properties, with the occasional residential property.
- During the COVID pandemic, masks and social distancing are required for staff safety. In addition, as determined by management from time to time, phone calls and video meetings such as Zoom or Facetime are used instead of in-person meetings.
Typical start and end time:
- 8AM to 5PM. Since this is part-time rather than full-time, schedule will vary but we have some flexibility to your weekly schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Handy – the best solution is when you discover a way to prevent a future problem
- We typically do our work Monday to Friday, but have some flexibility to your weekly schedule
- The ideal candidate has is available to be on call in case property emergencies come up (such as building leaks, weather damage, or customer service issues.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Property Maintenance ]