Remote (Charlotte, NC, USA)
DevonWay is a growing software company with products that help large organizations in high-reliability industries improve virtually any operational process. At DevonWay, your input and effort will make a big difference. With about seventy employees, we have a strong, supportive culture that values our customers and each other. We are proud of our 100% implementation success rate and amazing customer roster, including the U.S. Department of Energy, GE Healthcare, Los Alamos National Lab, EDF Energy, and Biogen. What enables us to successfully deliver to enterprise, government, and global customers is our innovative and highly configurable technology platform on which we build our products. At DevonWay, you will work with smart and fun colleagues on great technology, have an impact, help exceptional customers that everyone has heard of, and learn a lot.
DevonWay is based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Salt Lake City, Charlotte, Portland, and Munich.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to lead large enterprise projects built on the DevonWay software stack. The successful candidate understands enterprise B2B software and is highly intelligent, organized, customer-oriented, cool under pressure, and comfortable dealing with complex situations involving multiple stakeholders.
The person filling this position will work directly with customers to document requirements and ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope, schedule and budget. He or she will also coordinate with internal departments throughout the life of a project in order to maintain company-wide alignment.
Although a large portion of DevonWay project work can be done remotely, some travel (25-50%) can be expected.
This position reports to the Director of Project Management Office.
· Manage the relationship between DevonWay and the customer; informing customers as to what to expect (milestone dates, testing process, training activity, etc.).
· Oversee and balance expectations of the client and internal resources with regard to project objectives, deliverables, and timeframes, by understanding the key business drivers and their prioritization.
· Organize the sequence of tasks to be consistent with resource availability and milestone dates.
· Develop, present, and update detailed project plans for each assigned project based on DevonWay’s agile methodology.
· Own and communicate any project risks and the associated plans to contain and / or mitigate those risks.
· Drive and document the requirements process and make final determination on whether specific requirements are in scope or out of scope.
· Translate and document customer processes into project deliverables and references, including detailed requirements and workflow diagrams.
· Oversee the end to end testing process, including actively participating in verification testing to ensure the documented requirements are met.
· Train users on working with the DevonWay platform in addition to any developed applications. This includes creating necessary training material.
· Obtain customer acceptance of project deliverables.
· Enhance DevonWay’s project methodology and document library through development of new documents/processes as well as updates to existing documents/processes.
Qualifications and Skills
· Excellent communication, time-management and leadership skills.
· Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking.
· Ability to demonstrate professionalism and diplomacy when interacting with external and internal customers.
· Practiced and comfortable having difficult conversations with internal and external parties; for example, pushing internal parties to complete a task on time or explaining to a customer that a feature request is out of scope.
· Demonstrated skills and capabilities in analytical and critical thinking, and complex problem solving.
· Ability to develop a thorough understanding of the DevonWay technology stack.
· Experience developing project plans using software tools such as Microsoft Project.
· Knowledge of software deployment life cycle and testing practices.
· Bachelor’s degree in science-, computer-, or business-related discipline required (Master’s degree preferred).
· Experience managing projects using Scrum Agile or a similar software development framework.
Company Information: DevonWay, Inc., http://www.devonway.com
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Project Manager ]