Colorado Springs, CO, USA
LS Gallegos & Associates Inc
LSG is currently seeking a Project Manager with experience in providing project engineering and project management on transportation capital improvement projects, to support a sales tax-funded transportation infrastructure program for a transportation authority in Colorado Springs. The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record in all phases of project development and project management including managing engineering consultants and contractors.
- Review previous studies, concepts, designs, and other pertinent information.
- Obtain input and information from appropriate client departments and outside agencies/utilities.
- Develop Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) for design and construction management services. Participate in consultant selection committees and assist in finalizing contracts to include detailed scopes of work, schedules and fees with the selected consultants.
- Provide ongoing engineering review and evaluation of designs by design consultants for compliance with criteria, standards and specifications on each project.
- Work with design consultants on standard bid items, bid proposal format, construction time periods, permitting requirements and plans/project manual formats, etc. Assist client contracting office with bid advertisement and bid opening, attend and participate in pre-bid meeting if determined necessary, attend bid opening, and make recommendation on award of the contract.
- Assist design consultants in developing, implementing and maintaining a project specific Public Information and Involvement Plan during the design and construction phases of each project.
- Prepare periodic reports, review invoices and recommend payments, facilitate environmental permit processing and ensure all necessary permits are obtained, participate in public involvement/other meetings as needed, monitor/evaluate/revise schedules, and coordinate projects with other nearby projects.
- Review design consultant reports on progress of work, quality of work, etc. Review and provide recommendations to CIP Manager on design consultant and contractor change orders, progress payments, design changes, etc.
- Manage extensive close-out project procedures including working with contractors, purchasing, and financial analysts.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience providing project management services in a civil engineering or related field.
- Currently licensed as a PE (Professional Engineer) in Colorado or obtain PE or reciprocity for PE in Colorado within six months of hire.
- Knowledge of roadway, bridge, and drainage technical aspects of municipal projects.
- Strong coordination skills working with consultants, contractors, and client staff.
Estimated salary range: $115,00-$130,000 depending on skills, experience and licensure.
LSG is committed to diversity and inclusion. LSG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. LSG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Project Manager – Civil (Colorado Springs, CO, USA) ]