BETAH Associates Inc
BETAH Associates is a professional services firm seeking an experienced leader and effective communicator capable of successfully managing a large-scale, comprehensive communications contract for a federal agency. The Program Manager (PM) provides day-to-day oversight and management of the project team and is responsible for overall quality control, risk management, budget oversight, work plan development, and adherence to tasks schedules, and on time submission of contract deliverables. S/he develops and implements administrative procedures and reports to capture and communicate project status to client and corporate leadership.
- BA/BS degree in Public Health, Health Systems Administration, Health Education, Health Communications, or another similar field required; advanced degree preferred.
- 10 years of related professional experience to include at least 8 years of project management and supervisory experience required.
- Must be highly knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced in providing project management and planning for high value ($1M+ annually), complex public health-focused programs and services.
- Must have expertise and experience managing large federal agencies healthcare programs as a contractor or employee to implement high visibility and/or enterprise-level projects, programs, and initiatives.
- Experience working as a trusted advisor and/or leading similar public health technical assistance and/or health marketing projects, programs, and initiatives with other large health systems is also preferred.
- Strong management skills and experience in overseeing administrative aspects of projects similar in scope to assigned contract, to include design/development of contract deliverables, and working with technical, marketing and writing teams.
- Considerable experience in managing marketing, promotion, and information; gathering and distributing information.
- Ability to facilitate team and client meetings effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teams.
- Considerable knowledge and experience of social marketing principles and health communication practices.
- Demonstrated experience working in community/health/human service settings or specialized health projects.
- Experience delivering oral presentations to diverse professionals and audiences, including workshops and conferences.
- Experience supporting government-related comprehensive communications projects to include public health, health equity, and education.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work well under deadline pressure.
- Ability to build and support strategic partnerships
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills along with excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Specific public health knowledge of sexually transmitted infections and hard to reach or hardly reached populations.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desirable.
Remote, however, occasional local travel to Washington, DC metropolitan area for client meetings and events may be required. Other travel as required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage assigned day-to-day project activities, supervise staff, and oversee work performed by consultants and subcontractors.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) and/or other Government Program Manager to monitor and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develop intimate familiarity scope of work and contract requirements. Ensure that all work performed is within scope.
- Work collaboratively with Corporate Monitor and/or corporate contract staff to ensure total compliance with contract requirements.
- Monitor and manage project schedules to ensure timely delivery and identify emerging issues and challenges.
- Ensure that Corporate Monitor is kept apprised of any issues or out-of-scope client requests.
- Monitor contract budget to ensure all services are delivered within budget; approve all project expenditures and review client invoices for accuracy and compliance.
- Develop and manage schedules and work plans.
- Review project performance against milestones and recommend actions to continually improve performance and outcomes.
- Ensure the recruitment, engagement, collaboration, and oversight of subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Organize and participate as an expert or facilitator in meetings, conferences, webinars, and/or other convenings with senior level officials, community leaders, and stakeholders as requested by the client.
- Provide support to or oversight of other public health related projects as needed.
- Identify opportunities for organic project growth and participate in business development
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Program Manager (Remote) ]