Bedford, NH, USA
ABOUT OUR MISSION:
Optics 1 is a global leader in full-service design and production of electro-optic and navigation systems. Leveraging core competencies in defense technologies, Optics 1 provides unmatched, first-class mission solutions for military and law enforcement personnel.
We have a high-paced, high-energy environment focused on acknowledging individual and team successes, as well as overall growth. Optics 1 is a community that cares about the mission of our customers. Our team believes in supporting and enriching our community through engagement; whether that means giving back to our troops, veterans and their families, investing in next generation innovators through STEM education, or higher education initiatives, giving back is an important part of who we are as a team.
We are united by a unique culture and commitment to provide the highest quality products to those who serve.
If being a part of a team that makes a difference, serving those who serve and delivering innovative technical solutions to challenging problems of national interest is what moves you, then look no further!
Come join our growing Program Management team at Safran Optics 1, where you will be responsible for managing technology-intensive programs through all stages of product development, providing program capture and execution leadership to our engineering teams to deliver state-of-the-art Electro-Optic and Navigation products with unparalleled benefits to our customers.
If you’re eager to learn and grow, we’re eager to have you join our team!
- Manage and/or assist in the management of programs associated with the development, introduction/ transition to production, and delivery of Electro-Optical and Navigation products for defense applications.
- Lead development and detailed implementation of program plans, ensuring execution and performance is in accordance with contractual requirements and business objectives.
- Provide programmatic leadership and technical oversight to cross-functional program development teams through effective management of scope, risk, budget, schedule, quality, and resources.
- Serve as a direct customer interface, nurturing close customer relationships, proactively addressing challenges and pursuing opportunities to strategically expand the business.
- Lead and/or support program capture/ proposal development efforts.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned, as may be required by the Company.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Three (3) or more years of relevant experience in related or applicable fields.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Physics, Math, Science, or related discipline.
- Ability to manage technology-intense development efforts and lead cross-functional program and engineering development teams.
- Experience developing and delivering complex integrated system hardware.
- Demonstrated understanding of program/product life-cycle management, stage-gate management and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and apply integrated master plans and schedules, risk and opportunity management, and effective monitoring and control.
- Proactive, systematic, and methodical approach to addressing challenges.
- Willingness to learn and support others.
- Must work well and thrive in deadline driven, fast-paced environments.
- Strong communication, negotiation, collaborative problem solving, and conflict management skills; ability to influence, motivate, and drive without authority.
- Experience with USG and DoD customer base.
- Must be a US Citizen as the position requires the ability to obtain DoD Secret clearance.
IDEALLY, YOU WILL ALSO HAVE:
- Relevant experience in Capture Management and development of competitive proposals for the defense customers.
- Relevant experience in managing programs pursuing development of products for defense applications.
- Master’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Existing Program Management Certification (e.g., PMP Certification or equivalent).
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management.
- Working knowledge of Systems Engineering practices.
- Experience developing and introducing/ transitioning products, from early concepts to low rate initial production.
- Relevant background in one or more of the following: Electro-Optical Systems such as laser systems, imaging systems, and night vision systems; Reconnaissance, Surveillance and Targeting Systems; and Navigation Systems.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, multi-customer environment; international customer experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including MS Word, MS Project, MS Outlook, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Experience working in an ITAR environment.
- Experience in DoD acquisition and contracting.
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Up to 30% – Frequent travel between facilities and customers in the United States, along with some international travel.
EEO STATEMENT & ACCESSIBILITY:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
EOE/AA/M/F/Vets – US Protected Individual status required (US citizen, lawful permanent resident, asylee, refugee or temporary resident (as defined at 8 USC 1160(a).
Learn more about Optic 1’s commitment to Veterans on our Hiring Veterans page!
Interested in learning more about Optics 1? Then join our Talent Community!
As a member, you will receive exclusive updates about our company, informational emails on all the amazing things we do to support our employees, events we’re hosting or attending, job opportunities that match your skillset, and so much more.
Join our community here!
If you haven’t already, take a moment to check out an Inside Look into #LifeAtOptics1
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Program Manager (Bedford, NH, USA) ]