Newport, ME, USA
Zildjian /Vic Firth Production Supervisor, Newport, ME
The Production Supervisor sets the example for cooperation and collaboration. This position champions team participation by fostering team member involvement to exchange ideas and to problem solve. The position supports each Team Member in their efforts to achieve their goals. Production Supervisor is responsible for managing day-to-day planning, implementation and problem-solving for the assigned production department across all shifts. In addition to short-term planning, the Production Supervisor must be able to anticipate future needs and plan accordingly in support of the operation. The position will lead the team in the achievement of production goals. The production supervisor will receive production plans and will prioritize work for members of the production team. Production Supervisor must demonstrate a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Support planning and coordination across all shifts.
· Maintain safe work environment for employees.
· Organize, monitor, and prioritize tasks to meet production and quality goals.
· Handle staff scheduling and monitor team’s performance.
· Manage product flow for department.
· Support the maintenance and set-up equipment in department.
· Must read and understand prints.
· Must ensure all quality standards are adhered to by self and team members.
· Maintain time and labor tracking for employees using Company systems.
· Coaching team members to improve performance.
· Responsible for the training and acclimation of new employees, monitoring their progress and education.
· Lead and attend training programs.
· Timely reporting of all key performance metrics.
· Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in manufacturing with demonstrated leadership abilities and record of success (preferably woodworking).
· IT skills such as MS Office products and MRP systems.
· Excellent organization, communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent problem-solving skills and strong work ethic.
· Ability to create and adhere to production processes.
· Ability to write reports legibly and accurately.
· Relevant training and certification(s) in industrial production, engineering, or other related field.
· Valid Maine driver’s license.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
2 or 4 year college degree preferred, but not required.
Ability to read, write and comprehend technical manuals or bulletins.
MATHEMATIC and COMPUTER SKILLS:
Proficient in basic mathematics with ability to calculate percentages, averages and trend lines. Ability to produce short reports including tables, graphs, and spreadsheets. Proficient in the use of Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Strong analytical thinking. Must be able to research and act on data collected.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Production Supervisor (Newport, ME, USA) ]