Dover, DE, USA
Edgewell Personal Care
1. Maintain assigned equipment/machinery and achieve established production goals.
2. Perform Preventative Maintenance on equipment as needed.
3. Operate equipment as required.
4. Interface and respond to all PLC readouts.
5. Computerized maintenance Management System (CMMS) involvement in areas including but not limited to:
6. Following the work order management process including creating accurate notifications and work orders
7. Locating parts and information by using search functions
8. Confirmation of time worked on work orders
9. Completing documentation
10. Active in root cause analysis and continuous improvement initiatives supporting quality, reliability, and engineering initiatives.
11. Communicates maintenance activities across shifts and across function necessary
12. Display excellence in all housekeeping, LEAN, 5 s opportunities
13. Consistently meet safety, quality and operations standards including required documentation.
14. Complete all work assignments in safe and efficient manner following all Edgewell safety and GMP Policies and regulations
15. Perform other duties as directed.
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES
· Be aware of and follow the Environmental Policy and EH&S work instructions/procedures that apply to the job.
· Perform every job safely, for the benefit of self, co-workers, contractors, and for the protection of facilities. This includes the use of required personal protective equipment and use of safety equipment/devices, guarding, as well as safe work practices.
· Immediately report every job-related injury or illness, regardless of severity, to a team leader/supervisor.
· Assist in investigating accidents as directed by your supervisor.
· Take necessary actions to correct or stop any unsafe conditions or practices.
· Actively participate in safety meetings and training.
· Review Material Safety Data Sheet instructions before working with any chemical product.
· Maintain work area in safe condition by ensuring the work area is clean and orderly.
· In the ESP department, mechanics may be asked to perform duties related to hazardous waste management including but not limited to the following:
o Transferring hazardous waste from satellite accumulation points to the accumulation sheds;
o Operating or working at accumulation points
o Assisting with remval of the hazardous waste by transport contractors and labeling hazardous waste containers
· May be required to assist with:
• transferring hazardous waste from satellite accumulation points to the hazardous waste accumulation sheds;
• responding to spills involving hazardous waste;
• assist with picking up lab pack hazardous waste items from laboratories, etc., and transporting to waste contractors truck location for packing;
• assisting with removal of hazardous waste by transport contractors;
• inspecting the hazardous waste accumulation sheds; and
• labeling hazardous waste containers.
QUALITY ASSURANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
o Accurately and timely complete all Quality checks and properly document.
o Follow all established Quality procedures and instructions.
o Notify supervision for corrective action when defects are found and/or parts/processes do not conform to specifications.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
o High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
o Minimum of one year as Maintenance Mechanic
o Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
o Require the use of shop mathematics together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, various types of adjustable measuring instruments and the training generally applicable in a particular or specialized occupation. Equivalent to 1 to 3 years applied training
o Require the use of considerable judgment to plan and perform usual and difficult work where only general methods are available and the making of broad decisions involving considerable initiative and ingenuity
o Require the use of complicated drawings and specifications, general trade math and book formulas, wider variety of general trade measuring instruments and tools and the ability to operate and do complex programming on computer controlled equipment.
o Must be familiar with the use of most hand tools and precision measuring devices some low complexity repairs to electrical circuitry (230v and under).
o Must prove satisfactory vs. validated standard of STM Mechanic Task Series and Basic Props Test.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
o Technical School training or 4 years equivalent Industrial and/or military background.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Production Mechanic ]