Lockport, IL, USA
Position: Procurement Specialist This position is responsible for sourcing products and services, supplier management, negotiating terms and conditions, processing purchase orders, and supporting business objectives.
- Researching and comparing suppliers, goods, and services.
- Selecting the most suitable suppliers in terms of reliability, product quality, and cost efficiency. · Monitoring inventory levels and determining purchase needs.
- Requesting cost proposals and negotiating contracts and prices.
- Preparing and processing purchase orders.
- Determining and purchasing future electricity and natural gas demand
- Building and maintaining positive, long-term supplier relations
Job Requirements: The minimum requirement for this position is:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, procurement, or operations.
- 10 years’ experience in a purchasing role
- Knowledge of Manufacturing operations
- Understanding of electricity, natural gas, and commodity markets
- Strong organization skills & ability to multi-task and establish goals, objectives, and schedules to complete projects.
- Ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement techniques for business operations
- Computer proficiency: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- ERP System experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Procurement Specialist ]