Remote (Houston, TX, USA)
SUMMARY: The Pricing & Cost Specialist will support the sales and estimating team to accurately identify and compare project costs using proprietary software, as well as create and document the process in great detail to provide accurate reporting to the management team.
- Safety – Observe and follow safety and security procedures designed to ensure the safety of our employees.
- High Performance – Consistently perform at a high level and with a sense of urgency.
- Integrity & Honesty – Demonstrate and enforce full compliance to rules, regulations, and standards in a candid, truthful, and ethical manner.
- Focus – Stays on task to achieve goals and objectives even during difficult and stressful situations.
- Teamwork – Cooperatively works with team members to solve problems, identify waste and meet organizational goals.
- Research, calculate, and input non-manufactured costs (i.e. beams, hardware, and loose lumber material) into proprietary operations software.
- Create costing/pricing worksheets on a daily basis, using proprietary software to account for all supplied products for multi-family and light commercial construction projects.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation for each step in the above-referenced costing/pricing process.
- Process extra work orders (above and beyond originally sold products) on a daily basis.
- Final processing of completed projects, including verification of costs, sell price values per the product type, and project/building configuration.
- Report final project information to Operations Managers and Director of Estimating.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of various types to be used for management reporting.
- Assist Operations Managers and Production Teams with “End-of-Month” needs, such as product costing, work order processing, etc.
- Assist Director of Estimating in project-specific research, cost validation, and various other functions on an as-needed basis.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong ability to manage multiple task streams in a fast-paced environment, while continuously adjusting priorities on a self-directed basis.
- High attention to detail and excellent organizational skills are a MUST.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential, including MS Outlook proficiency
- High functioning knowledge of computers and relevant software applications, primarily Microsoft Office products, with a strong emphasis on Excel.
- Construction industry knowledge preferred multi-family wood construction a plus.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents, such as contracts, plans, and specifications a plus.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree from a two-year college or higher; or three to five years related experience; or a combination of education and experience.
- Accounting-related coursework and/or experience preferred.
- Knowledge of lumber grades and species, treatments, dimensions, lengths, board footage, square footage, and linear footage is preferred, but not necessary.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general procedures and/or documents in English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers whose first language is English.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, type and use a mouse; reach with hands and arms, and talk and/or hear. The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This position does not require travel on a regular basis.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Pricing Specialist ]