Shakopee, MN, USA
Sprung Services, Inc
Power Plant Operator position with $1000 sign on bonus!
- Minnesota 1st Class “A” Boiler operator license. Sprung Services will facilitate qualified Navy Veterans with obtaining required licenses.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals and to understand and carry out instructions, written or oral, as furnished.
- Ability to write routine reports and record information in logs.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical analysis including consumption rates, proportions and percentages.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with a variety of logistics, operations, boiler, and/or turbine generator operating and information systems.
- Biomass power plant experience.
- Operates and maintains stationary engines and mechanical equipment such as steam engines, air compressors, turbines, generators, motors and stream boilers.
- Reads meters and gauges or automated recording devices at specified intervals to verify operating conditions.
- Records data such as temperature of equipment, hours of operation, fuel consumed, temperature or pressure, water levels, analyses of flue gases, voltage load and generator balance.
- Adjusts manual controls or override automatic controls to bring equipment into recommended or prescribed operating ranges, switch to backup equipment or systems or shutdown equipment.
- Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment, or lubrication.
- Maintains equipment by tightening fittings, repacking bearings, replacing packing glands, gaskets, valves, recorders, and gauges and cleaning, and replacing burners or other components.
- Monitor and record renewable fuel inventories and fuel deliveries.
- Monitor, record and verify proper fuel material mixtures including moisture content; make recommendations for optimized fuel usage.
- Performs water titration tests and pours chemical additives into treatment tank to prevent scale buildup and to clean boiler lines.
- Record operations and maintenance actions taken during shift in operator’s log.
- Communicate concerns, issues and actions taken to supervisors and to operators for oncoming shift.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization policies and applicable laws.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Power Plant Operator with $1000 sign on bonus! ]