Lockport, IL, USA
This position is responsible for evaluating and developing metal powder products and powder processing technologies and providing technical support to customers.
- Investigate market needs with sales team and recommend current products as well as develop new products per customer needs
- Evaluate and recommend most suitable powder processing technologies and measurement systems by staying up-to-date with metal powder industry
- Work closely with production and quality team to understand and improve powder processing, handling and testing challenges.
- Operate and maintain pilot and analytical lab equipment
- Lead production scale-up activities for new or modified products or processes
- Provide technical support for marketing of metal powder products
- Responsible for investigating product and technology transfer within group companies
- Initiate and maintain product technical data sheets and specifications
The minimum requirement for this position is:
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Science, Metallurgic Engineering, Chemical engineering, Chemistry or related field experience of 5 years
- Prior metal powder handling and processing experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong organization skills & ability to multi-task and establish goals, objectives, and schedules to complete projects.
- Ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement techniques to quality and manufacturing functions.
- Computer proficiency: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Metal powder screening, classification and atomization experience
- Powder characterization including but not limited to Particle size, surface area analysis, flow rate, etc.…
- Product scale up experience from lab/pilot to production scale
- Able to read P&ID
- Experienced in Design of Experiments and related techniques
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Powder Process Engineer ]