10655 Southwest Manhasset Drive, Tualatin, OR, USA
Semitorr Group Inc.
Employment: Full Time
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt Position Range $55,000 annually (depends on experience)
Management Role: No
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
The Payroll/HR Specialist position is responsible for developing, enhancing, and executing HR/Payroll systems and activities. This position owns all aspects of payroll and payroll processes and is not limited to: garnishments, collections, commissions, reconciliations, journal entries and reporting of semi-monthly multi-state payroll, personnel records management, recruiting, and auditing. This position requires exceptional attention to detail, the ability to communicate effectively, and someone who can maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Performs all activities necessary to process full cycle multi-state payrolls, including maintaining related records, processing deductions such as levies/garnishments, documenting and updating procedures, preparing special reports for management, and off-cycle checks
- Ensures payroll records are accurate and complete by doing a monthly audit of all change activity back to the original documentation
- Calculate and prepare monthly commission reports for management, sales reps, and payroll processing including preparing payroll journal entry for accounting
- Completion of new hire process, including completing checklists, creation of job offers, running background checks, loading completed documents into the system, and coordinating employee’s first day information. Meets with new employees on first day to complete onboarding process.
- Manages the technical aspects of the recruitment process, including posting open jobs on external websites, closing job requisitions when filled, and sending letters to applicants updating on the recruitment process.
- Assists in developing, testing, and implementing changes to the Paycom system. Provides knowledge related to payroll processes and identifies issues.
- Coordinate temporary personnel requisitions based on company policy and procedures. Works with management to ensure compliance with temp agreements
- Complete all benefit changes with regards to new hires, open enrollment, and monthly reconciliations
- Handle all HR related tasks such as worker’s comp, employment verifications, FMLA, EEO and Affirmative Action Reporting requirements
- Coordinates and manages projects and special assignments for Director of HR by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; and making adjustments to plans.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong technology background in software applications including Paycom and Excel
- Subject matter expert for multi-state payroll
- Strong working knowledge of human resource functions
- Previous experience in a distribution center or warehouse atmosphere helpful, but not required
- Ability to preserve/maintain confidentiality of information
- Above average oral and written communication skills, including ability to give presentations (public speaking)
- Strong Microsoft Office, Excel, CDM (Collaboration and Document Management) skills
- Strong customer service attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred or Work-Related Equivalent Experience in both Payroll and HR
- 3-5 Years multi-state Payroll and Payroll tax administration experience
- 2-3 years Human Resources Administration experience
- 2-3 years recruiting Experience
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer Involves walking or standing for brief periods of time
Must be able to frequently lift up to 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying files, ledgers, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
SemiTorr Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at SemiTorr Group, Inc. are derived from business needs, position requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, belief, veteran, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. SemiTorr Group, Inc. makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
We’re putting our employee health and safety first with socially distanced office cubicles, health screenings, and mandatory temperature checks. Masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and cleaning supplies are available to all employees.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Payroll/HR Administrator ]