St. Louis, MO, USA
Stinson LLP is seeking a highly motivated patent attorney to join its St. Louis office. The attorney will be responsible for drafting and globally prosecuting patent applications in the fields of chemical sciences requiring a working knowledge of organic chemistry, physical chemistry and materials science. Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree, higher degree, or equivalent in chemistry or chemical engineering or related degree and/or work experience are encouraged to apply.
At Stinson, we believe complex legal challenges are best approached with sharp insight and creative solutions. With nearly 450 attorneys in 12 offices nationwide, we take pride in our collaborative approach, our lasting relationships and our unique perspectives. Stinson clients are diverse—ranging from individuals to universities to start-up technology companies to large publicly traded industry leaders.
Stinson’s patent attorneys counsel our clients about the types of patent protection available and the circumstances under which each type of patent application is appropriate.
Stinson’s patent attorneys advise chemical companies on every aspect of intellectual property law, including patent protection and strategy, enforcement and client counseling. We also defend clients against claims of infringement. Our attorneys provide services over a wide range of chemical technologies including pharmaceuticals, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, polymer science, material science and chemical engineering.
This position’s responsibilities would include the following:
- Draft and globally prosecute patent applications in chemistry and chemical engineering fields.
- Interface with inventors.
- Coordinate and correspond with foreign law firms to file and prosecute foreign patent applications.
- Review country requirements and obtain Foreign Filing Licenses as required.
- Maintain client portfolio and provide client with estimates of costs for future filings and maintenance.
- Draft non-infringement and invalidity opinions.
- Coordinate and review results of patentability, landscape, and freedom-to-operate searches.
- Assist in the Firm’s standardized procedures to enhance malpractice prevention.
- Anticipate supervising partner or client needs for specific projects.
- Delegate effectively and as appropriate with Paralegals or Legal Administrative Assistants.
- Design, recommend, and implement new processes and procedures to increase group efficiency.
- Take on special projects, as needed.
- 0-3 years of experience in patent preparation and prosecution in the chemical area.
- Juris Doctor, higher degree, or equivalent in Law
- Bachelor’s degree, higher degree, or equivalent in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, or related degree and/or work experience.
- Excellent academic credentials and excellent research, writing, analytical, organizational, and communication skills are required.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task efficiently and be an independent thinker.
- S. Patent & Trademark Office registration or ability to qualify.
- Licensed to practice law in Missouri, or have the ability to become licensed in the state in which they office.
Applicants should provide a resume, cover letter, undergraduate transcripts, law school transcripts, and a technical writing sample.
Please apply online at https://www.stinson.com/careers-current-opportunities . For questions, contact email@example.com.
Stinson LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, disabled and other diverse candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Stinson LLP is a federal contractor. Information gathered through applicant Voluntary Self-Identification will be used periodically with various government agencies for statistical reporting and to measure the effectiveness of our Affirmative Action and EEO outreach efforts. All information is requested on a voluntary basis and will be kept confidential. We will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Applicants with a disability that are in need of an accommodation to complete the Stinson LLP application process should contact Human Resources at 316.268.7962 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Patent Attorney (Chemical) – St. Louis (St. Louis, MO, USA) ]