Manayunk, Philadelphia, PA, USA
In partnership with the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager leads a team of dispensary managers who specialize in DOR’s (division of responsibility) and is accountable for all aspects of managing a single retail store (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned). This position reports directly to the General Manager and is responsible for developing a high-performing team that consistently delivers top-line sales growth.
This leader drives the business through a DOR focus on Customer Experience (customer service, sales training, product knowledge, loyalty and leadership development), Product (visual presentation, product performance and promotions), and Operations (receiving orders, policy and procedures, expense control, compliance, and loss prevention). This position requires a passion for process excellence, a drive for results, and the ability to lead and influence.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for overseeing the financial success of the store, as assigned by the General Manager. The Assistant General Manager is responsible for responding to business needs and strategizing around business trends in order to drive profitable top-line sales growth.
Duties and responsibilities or (Essential Functions)
- Meets or exceeds goals related to total store sales, profitability, and operational excellence
- Forecasts and adjusts payroll to maximize productivity, achieve sales & payroll goals, and complete workload
- Builds a team that embodies the PharmaCann/Verilife brand by delivering exceptional service and driving customer loyalty therefore increasing return visits
- Reviews and interprets financial and operational reporting regularly which includes sales reporting and reviewing audit results
- Identifies underperforming metrics and develops strategies that leverage company programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow the business
- Creates and ensures a cohesive, respective, professional and high integrity work environment
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and retains a diverse team of top talent
- Aligns the right people in the right roles, specifically the management DOR program
- Trains, coaches, and develops all team members using company programs, tools, and resources
- Creates an environment that inspires and encourages the growth and engagement of associates
- Models an environment of open communication by sharing enterprise strategy and corporate messaging to associates
- Promotes a culture of teamwork by working alongside the management team, establishing priorities, and providing clear direction
- Is knowledgeable of and analyzes compliance audit data to ensure compliance with PharmaCann policies, regulations, procedures, and compliance standards
- Uses the company’s scheduling tool as directed to schedule the right associates in the right places, at the right times in order to provide an exceptional customer experience, reduce loss, and execute company directives
- Partners with co-managers on hospitality, operational and onsite security scheduling needs
- Protects company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace safety, inventory control, compliance and loss prevention
- Performance management and coaching of team members on poor performance and violation of company and compliance policies in partnership with the General Manager and HRBP
- Supports continuous improvement by implementing company programs and influencing end-user’s buy in
- The Store Manager may perform other related duties as required by the Company, field leadership, and especially with regard to serving the customer
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community
- Embodies the culture, values, and tenets of PharmaCann and full support of our purpose, goal, and key objectives
- This role may be required to assist with other duties as assigned as well as in other functions of the operation including but not limited to: call center, inventory, sales consulting, delivery acceptance, outreach, security, visual merchandising and as interim GM for other locations or while GM is not in store
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Bachelor’s degree in business or operations management or a related field preferred.
- 3+ years of managerial experience in a retail-based industry with a customer-centric approach is preferred
- 2+ year PharmaCann supervisory experience will be considered
- Demonstrated ability to achieve individual selling goals and metrics
- Proven ability to drive sales results, able to analyze selling reports, identify business trends and react quickly to the needs of the business
- Comfortable and confident making decisions and mediating conflict within a team environment
- Ability to address complex issues and allocate time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to identify top talent and train/develop/retain great people
- Proficient in windows – based software such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Relationship Management
- Performance Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Consulting Skills
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Valid driver’s license and ability to successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Record background check
This job operates in a professional retail store environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. This position regularly requires a flexible schedule, long hours, weekend work and holiday availability. Ability to travel to other store locations (if needed) and attend district meetings. May be required to work outdoors and/or during inclement weather. This position may require travel for new store openings within the territory
- Ability to bend, lift, open and move product and fixtures up to 50 lbs., as needed
- Ability to climb step stools and ladders
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods at a time
- Possess manual dexterity and hand – eye coordination
This position manages all employees of each DOR department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [PA – Assistant General Manager ]