511 Union West Boulevard, Matthews, NC, USA
Interstate Supplies and Services
· Must continually be able to lift and handle heavy loads up to 70 lbs.
· Must have good eyesight (correctable to 20/20) and normal hearing for diagnostics and troubleshooting equipment two stroke and four stroke
· Must have Stihl Bronze certification
· Must Have Briggs and Stratton dealer certification.
· Basic knowledge of four and two stroke equipment
· Basic knowledge of electrical low voltage systems 12v and 24v
· Basic knowledge of all kinds of garden equipment Zero turn mowers, blowers, generators, trimmers. Pressure washers, basically all power equipment.
· Repair and maintain small engines, large lawn equipment, mowers, tillers, and other related vehicles and equipment.
· Responsibilities include diagnosing small engine problems, maintaining shop area cleanliness, and collecting and disposing of trash.
· Clearly explain (if called upon) to the customer’s satisfaction the diagnosis and repair of the machine in question.
· Continually seek both technical and product training when available.
· Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, improve and promote quality, and monitor own work to ensure quality
· Observe all safety and security procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment and materials properly.
· Treat management and other employees with respect and contribute to building a positive team spirit.
· Follow instructions and promptly respond to management direction.
· Work with integrity, always upholding company values.
· Perform related responsibilities/accountabilities as required or directed.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities:
· Begin each workday with a positive attitude by encouraging yourself to meet the daily and weekly goals. Work to develop a sense of “team” in the service department and across other departments.
· Repair or overhaul small engines and related mechanical or structural parts for a variety of equipment types.
· Perform repairs within the time parameters as established by flat rate time or billed time with proper diagnosis
· Maintain an orderly and clean work area. Also assist in keeping the entire shop orderly and clean.
· Collect and dispose of trash.
· Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with employees, vendors and customers
· Respond promptly to customer needs and manage difficult customer situations
· Completely fill out and turn in all work orders.
Weekly Duties and Responsibilities:
· Study and review all relevant product repair updates
· Inspect, clean and maintain all equipment used
· Report any faulty equipment or hazards to the shop supervisor
Meet with supervisor to discuss the weekly repair trends, comebacks and service problems’
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Outdoor Power Equipment Mechanic (OPE Mechanic) ]