Kansas City, MO, USA
Kansas City Public Library
The Operations Manager assists in overseeing the completion of day-to-day activities involving the maintenance of Library facilities as back-up to the Director of Building Operations; and directs the work of and supervises assigned Plant Operations staff. The position coordinates the work of Operations staff and outside vendors who repair and maintain the facilities and equipment. Assists with the management of various projects.
Other Things You Should Know
This is a full-time exempt position. The starting salary is $57,801-$62,000 depending on experience plus excellent benefits. This position is open until filled.
What You’d Do:
- Assist with oversight and direction of the Library facilities and acts as back up to Director of Building Operations.
- Supervise assigned Plant Operations staff to assure productivity and meet objectives; interview and recommend new staff for hire; train and direct the work activities of staff.
- Communicate with Library departments to coordinate activities, exchange information, resolve issues and answer questions.
- Assist in planning future facility improvements and renovations.
- Develop procedures for compliance with regulations and provides training to staff. Notify Director of Building Operations of any concerns regarding governmental regulations and helps enforce contract stipulations.
- Assist the Building Operations Director in obtaining cost estimate for repairs to facilities and equipment. Coordinate internal resources and third-party vendors for on time and high-quality completion of projects. Assist with managing the performance of contractors and contracted services.
- Maintain furniture inventory for distribution to different Library locations.
- May support other Operations supervisors with facility needs.
- Produce and maintain keycard access for staff and provides picture IDs for staff.
- Manage preventive maintenance program for buildings. Maintains asset list and complete inventories and asset tags new furniture and equipment.
- Provide administration and support of the Library’s safety, security, and emergency preparedness programs. Coordinates activity for inclement weather and emergencies.
- Knowledge of project management principles, work-planning and scheduling, experience preferred. You will need knowledge on the principles and practices of civil engineering, infrastructure design and construction. You will also need the ability to review and understand engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of applicable city, state, and Federal laws, codes, ordinances, regulations, policies and procedures as they apply to property and the permitting process.
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems and tools. Familiarity with basic carpentry and woodworking tools is preferred.
- Experience in safety and emergency preparedness.
- Experience with supervision with excellent leadership and interpersonal skills and communicate with tact, patience, and courtesy
- You will need excellent oral and written communication skills, leadership and interpersonal communication skills, and excellent leadership skills
- The ability to work independently with little direction.
- The ability to speak and understand English is required. Additional consideration may be given to individuals that are fluent in any non-English languages spoken in the Kansas City area including Somali, Swahili, Spanish, Arabic, French, Dari, Pashto, and Vietnamese.
- Minimum Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Property Management, Construction Management, or a related field with a minimum five years property management experience. This requirement may also be met by an equivalent combination of education, related work experience, and life experience.
How to Apply:
Please apply for this position through our web application system at www.kclibrary.org/jobs. Kansas City Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Operations Manager — 031722 (Kansas City, MO, USA) ]