7001 Northeast Columbia Boulevard, Portland, OR, USA
Pacific Service Center
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (this is not an all-inclusive list but is intended to describe the general nature of the position):
- Diagnose and repair equipment failures both on- and off-site.
- Perform D.O.T. safety inspections and vehicle lubrications.
- Inspect and repair vehicle brake systems, steering mechanisms, transmissions, clutches, wheel bearings, and other automotive and mechanical systems.
- Diagnose and repair vehicle and trailer electrical systems.
- Perform basic fabrication including MIG welding.
- Travel using fully equipped mobile service truck.
- Two-year certificate from college or technical school or, 91 Bravo Military Specialty designation; minimum three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record for the past year.
- Automotive mechanical repair work and experience with diesel tractors and trailers required.
- MIG welding experience required.
- Customer service experience a plus.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with lift gate systems strongly preferred.
- Familiarity and/or certification for refrigeration a plus.
- Must have own tools.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Mobile Fleet Mechanic ]