Middletown, CT, USA
Operates computer numerical control (CNC) machines to transform metallic, aluminum, and casting parts to close tolerances under minimal supervision with keen attention to detail.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Set up and Operate Doosan Mill Turn or other equipment as schedule dictates.
- Check and replenish necessary fluids on Mill Turn lathe.
- Properly recognize and correctly log into job orders.
- Properly load and cycle the Mill Turn lathe.
- Follow Inspection frequencies and standards.
- Use various Inspection tools such as micrometers and calipers.
- Use CMM to check Mill Turn lathe parts.
- Accurately document Inspection results throughout designated shift.
- Recognize and react to any needed adjustments, tooling or fixture issues throughout the shift.
- Communicate any issues during shift change.
- 1-3 years previous work experience on CNC machining with an emphasis on Mill Turn lathes.
- Ability to operate CNC machines.
- 1-3 years previous work experience on CMM.
- Working knowledge of blue prints, gages, drawings.
- Good mechanical aptitude and use of hand tools.
- High School Diploma or equivalent or trade school attendance.
- Good general computer skills.
- Good basic math skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
This position does require Safety Glasses for personal protective equipment. MUST CHECK AND USE POSTED PPE FOR SPECIFIC TASK – POSTED IN JOB AREA
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position, Days and hours of work week are Monday through Thursday, 2:30 pm to 1:00 am (2nd shift). Willing to work Over-time as needed
This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. This position requires standing for extended periods of time.
No direct reports.
Lyman Products is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or learning disability, past/present mental disorder, intellectual disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. Lyman also provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [MILL TURN SET UP/OPERATOR ]