The third Navy Week of 2019 took America’s Navy to Miami, Florida, March 25 – 31. Sailors showcased the mission, capabilities and achievements of the U.S. Navy through a variety of community outreach events. The primary purpose of the Navy Week program is to increase awareness by presenting the Navy to Americans who live in cities that normally do not have a significant naval presence. Outreach events provided an opportunity to interact with Sailors firsthand and reinforce that their Navy is deployed around the world, around the clock, and ready to defend America at all times.
Check the list for a Navy Week coming to a community near you.
– Wilmington, N.C., April 1-7
– Puerto Rico, April 8-14
– Oklahoma City, Okla., May 27-June 2
– Nashville, Tenn., June 3-9
– Quad Cities, Iowa, June 24-30
– Duluth, Minn., July 15-21
– Grand Junction, Colo., July 22-28
– Boise, Idaho, Aug. 19-25
– St. Louis, Mo., Sept. 2-8
– Wichita, Kan., Sept. 9-15
– Charleston, W.V., Oct. 14-20