6501 North Jog Road, West Palm Beach, FL, USA
Join us in creating a sustainable future and becoming a protector of tomorrow!
Under general maintenance supervision, the Maintenance Mechanic performs skilled mechanical work in support of the overall facility operation and in maintaining operation of the process plant and power generation plant in compliance with established production schedules and plant output requirements.
- Performs a wide variety of mechanical repairs, PM’s and fabrication, including pipefitting, rigging, assembly and disassembly of all types of plant operation equipment, conveyors, piping structural reinforced plastic, and sheet metal systems.
- Plans details of jobs assigned, develops and uses sketches, blueprints and complex drawings. Consults with operations and technical groups on safety procedures and job hazards. Gives work direction and training to trainees, helpers and other crafts.
- Installs, adjusts, services and repairs a variety of mechanical equipment and mechanical parts of electrical machinery utilized in the RDF processing and electrical generating plants.
- Dismantles, overhauls, reassembles and adjusts turbines, generators, boilers, pumps, valves and all other auxiliary equipment.
- Inspects and lubricates all plant equipment routinely and makes necessary adjustments to ensure that equipment is operating efficiently.
- Performs heavy lifting and rigging. Uses burning torch and welding equipment to perform repair welding, mechanical repairs, piping and valve packing. Performs integrity tests on piping and other plant equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Hydraulics – is able to install seals, and to rebuild cylinders and pumps.
- Conveyors – can remove, install taper locks, gearboxes, bearings and splice belts.
- Pipefitting – can operate pipe threading machine and milling machine.
- Basic Welding – possesses current certification in structural steel welding.
- Oxy Acetylene – is able to cut and fabricate simple fabrications.
- Machining – can safely operate hydraulic press, drill press, band saw and grinders.
- Coupling Alignment – is able to align couplings with dial indicators.
- Blueprints & Manuals – is able to interpret simple blueprints and equipment manuals.
- Basic Math – can add and subtract fractions and decimals.
- Safety – understands and uses lock out procedures
- Uses personal protective equipment and follows safety procedures in performing job functions.
- Has knowledge of the maintenance management program system for retrieving parts and work orders.
- Demonstrates initiative and is self-motivated, needs little supervision to carry out given tasks.
- Can frequently lift and carry 50 lbs, push/pull 100 lbs.
- Is able to meet the physical requirements of the position, including walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, working on grating or climbing for extended hours.
- Has a good safety record and demonstrate the ability to follow all facility safety procedures and programs.
- Must be able to effectively communicate via 2 way radios
- Must be half-face or full-face respirator qualified.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Mechanical experience – welding, conveyers, electrical, boiler, incinerator, maintenance
- Must have a minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read blueprints
- Communication – is able to read, write, and verbally communicate in English.
- (abbreviated version)
Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Mechanics and Welders (6501 North Jog Road, West Palm Beach, FL, USA) ]