Fort Campbell, KY, USA
Cruz Associates, Inc.
Cruz Associates Inc. (www.cruzinc.us) of Yorktown, VA has an open position for a Mechanical Engineer. The job location is at Fort Campbell, KY in support of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR). Interested applicants can apply by clicking the following link: Mechanical Engineer, uploading their resumes and completing the application.
Scope: The mechanical engineer shall provide mechanical modeling, design, analysis, and drafting support to develop aviation systems Technical Data Packages (TDPs) suitable for prototyping and production. Design and drawings packages shall substantiate, as necessary, the considered design to be in compliance with the original Prime Item Development Specifications (PIDS), applicable Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, and/or identified airworthiness requirements for the particular aircraft platform. Modeling shall include 2-dimensional, 3-dimensional, and finite element. The analyses shall include structural, vibrational, load path, fatigue, and Resonance Assessment Profiles (RAP). This work may be conducted independently or as a member of a larger design team of designers and engineers.
- Design aircraft structures and/or equipment mounting and support structures.
- Develop 2-dimensional, 3-dimensional, and/or finite element models as required.
- Conduct structural, vibrational, load path, fatigue, and RAP analyses.
- Develop drawing packages in sufficient detail to produce productionized TDPs.
- Develops stress/test reports for multiple aircraft projects.
- Confirms system and product specifications by designing feasibility and testing methods
- Conduct test plan reviews.
- Ensures system and product quality by evaluating testing methods; testing finished product and system capabilities; and confirming fabrication, assembly, installation processes, and instrumentation.
- Perform engineering design evaluations.
- Identifies and assists with documentation of functional requirements for assigned projects.
- Conducts research for system-related information as directed.
- Apply both classical analysis and finite element analysis software tools.
- Conduct fatigue analyses and make finite/infinite life assessments.
- Identify potential risks and appropriate courses of action should technical issues arise, or user requirements change.
- Participates as a subject matter expert in design reviews, technical meetings, and briefings.
- Interface with other engineering activities such as the Technology Application Program Office (TAPO) engineers, Aviation Engineering Directorate (AED), Aviation Integration Directorate (AID), Special Operations Forces Support Activity (SOFSA), Boeing, Sikorsky, etc. on mechanical design considerations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- 8 years’ experience as an engineer.
- Secret or Interim Secret security clearance is acceptable to start, must be able to obtain Top Secret or Interim Top Secret security clearance once hired.
- Current on computer aided software design systems. (i.e. Auto Desk Inventor, CATIA).