BETAH Associates Inc
Marketing and Communications Director
BETAH Associates, Inc. (BETAH) seeks a Marketing and Communications Director. We are an award-winning professional services firm with a track record of providing exceptional client experiences focused on issues of social equity, sustainable communities, and healthy populations. Our core competencies are creative communications, event management, and peer review services for government agencies. We are a minority- and woman-owned small business that has been twice-recognized on Inc. Magazine’s list of fastest-growing companies in the nation.
Why Join BETAH? Trust and confidence are hallmarks of the BETAH Way. We partner with our clients to help them fulfill their missions, engage their audiences, and create stories and experiences that inform and inspire. Our clients rely on us as trusted strategic partners because we draw from our 30-plus years of harnessing innovation to craft solutions-based approaches that advance their missions.
The BETAH Way. We exceed expectations through excellence in service and a comprehensive, flexible approach to management consulting and delivery of professional services. We are solutions-minded, inventive, passionate, and accountable— and we believe in doing well by doing good. Our inclusive, people-centric culture could be the right fit for you. With BETAH, you can make a living pursuing your passion and purpose.
Position Description. This opportunity will be mostly remote but will require occasional travel to our Rockville office. Our ideal candidate serves as the chief brand ambassador. Leads and contributes to the sustainability of the company’s reputation for quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction through brand awareness, recognition, and positioning. Responsible for providing leadership and development of marketing and communications strategies that foster collaborative engagement, action, and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders. Works closely with the CEO and corporate management team to develop and execute digital and other communication strategies that increase corporate and client brand recognition and visibility. Contributes to business growth through relationship building, client engagement and the promotion of the corporate mission and services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Develops and executes annual marketing and communications plans and strategies that support corporate and client priorities, initiatives, and goals.
· Develops and manages annual marketing and communications budgets and expenses.
· Leads content strategy and development for traditional and digital platforms to expand corporate and client presence and reach target audiences.
· Oversees and contributes to the development of internal/external communications and marketing materials in print and digital formats.
· Develops and manages content on the corporate website and social media platforms.
· Develops and tracks metrics and success criteria for all marketing and communications activities.
· Builds external relationships with communications/creative professionals and firms to augment corporate capabilities.
· Works closely with the CEO to enhance personal brand, messaging, and content development for articles, internal statements, interview talking points, etc.
· For client work, develops and implements a variety of communications tasks including but not limited to training and campaign development.
· Keeps abreast of emerging communication trends and technologies to enhance corporate expertise and solutions offered to clients.
· Serves as a corporate-wide resource for internal stakeholders.
· Participates in all aspects of business development including, but not limited to contributing to content development of proposals, attending networking events, and developing and leading marketing presentations to potential clients.
· Experience supporting government-related communications projects focusing on public health, social justice, and education.
· Experience working within a government contracting firm.
· Exceptional writing, editing, and oral communications skills.
· Skilled in media relations and crisis communications.
· Experience supervising professional staff.
· Digital communications skills, experience leading social media planning, engagement, and management.
· Project management skills.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
· Ability to multi-task and work well under deadline pressure.
· Ability to build strategic partnerships.
· Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Knowledge of current visual design trends and terminology in print and digital formats to effectively work and communicate with design/creative professionals.
· Experience with social media/digital advertising and outreach—from metrics to analysis to recommendations.
· Well-versed in Google Analytics.
· Ability to lead discussions and facilitate consensus.
· Skilled in media and spokesperson training.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, digital communications, journalism, or relevant discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
· Minimum of 10 years of experience with communications, marketing, program development, and client engagement.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Marketing and Communications Director (Remote) ]