Romeoville, IL, USA
SATO America, LLC
What’s in it for You:
- SATO provides competitive salary and benefits.
- Vacation/PTO + Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short term disability coverage
- Long term disability insurance coverage
The Manufacturing Engineer will develop and optimize continuous production and manufacturing processes to achieve the output, quality, and cost goals of the organization. This individual will be the lead project manager on all capital equipment and new manufacturing process implementations. Collects production data and applies standard scientific and statistical methods to analyze, document, and diagram production processes. Identifies process bottlenecks and devises solutions to resolve. Recommends changes or upgrades to equipment, work methods, or other aspects of the process to improve efficiency and utilization of resources including labor, energy, and raw materials. This position will play a key role of managing the variable data programming as well as manufacturing standards verification and will support all facilities for process engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop best practices, standardization, and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output.
· Work closely with the production team and quality to analyze and plan workflow, equipment placement and space requirements to improve manufacturing efficiency.
· Design, run, test and upgrade manufacturing and quality processes.
· Responsible for new process development and improvement for existing and new products
· Implement, maintain, and continuously improve an OSHA compliant safety system
· Develop work instructions for Production using Standard work format; Provide process documentation and operating instructions to the production employees and will be responsible for training operators on work instructions.
· Lead the operation to specify, install, and startup new equipment, including qualification.
· Provide process engineering support for safety.
· Evaluate quality control processes and make recommendations for improvements in quality control.
· Analyze all production-related data within production processes, schedules, methods, etc. and provide management with reports containing the data and statistics to enable management to better understand future requirements needed for the manufacturing process.
· Ensure that the company’s manufacturing processes are in compliance, with all government laws and regulations.
· Coordinate equipment maintenance, repair services procedures and make sure that manufacturer’s procedures and instructions are followed in order to keep production equipment operational.
· Design and procure fixtures, gages, etc for use by manufacturing to increase productivity.
· Create and track variable data assignment and programming for customers as needed
· This position will support all 3 facilities.
· Communicates findings and proposals to upper management.
· Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in engineering or engineering technology and 5 years experience or, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
5+ years in manufacturing environment
5+ years related experience in flexographic printing preferred.
3+ years of project management experience highly preferred.
– Project Management Certification a big plus.
2+ years of experience with equipment Capex project implementation.
2+ years of experience in Continuous improvement.
– Lean Manufacturing Certification and or Six Sigma training is a big plus.
MES implementation and digital factory experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be computer proficient in databases and spreadsheet software. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, interaction, and organizational skills with strong understanding of equipment capabilities. Excellent organizational and innovative problem-solving skills. Ability to handle and prioritize a heavy workload to support and interface with a large group of staff members. Attention to details and typing skills with high level of accuracy.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate projects and training.
· Demonstrated ability to translate a vision into the development and execution of a strategy.
· Strong oral, written and presentation skills at all levels of an organization.
· Ability to organize and manage multiple concurrent projects and priorities.
· Action-oriented, self-starter who can delegate and be hands-on as situations deem appropriate.
The physical demands for this position would require a normal range of mobility necessary to physically enter and move in a manufacturing environment and interface with all functions within the facility. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Moderate
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee primarily works in an office environment. The employee is frequently required to enter the production area of the facility.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Manufacturing Production Engineer (Romeoville, IL, USA) ]