West Warwick, RI, USA
- Manages, plans, and coordinates, through staff of skilled, semiskilled, and unskilled trade personnel, activities concerned with the operation, repair, maintenance, and construction of facilities, equipment, buildings, and grounds to minimize interruption and improve efficiency; including electrical, plumbing, ventilation, structures and utility systems.
- Evaluates problematic systems or facilities and determines the installation or repair services that need to be performed.
- Plans and oversees such matters as design and development of plant facilities, formulation of operating rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Develops procedures for use in event of accidents, fires, or other emergencies.
- Inspects plant facilities or reviews inspection reports, to determine repairs, replacement, or improvements required.
- Hires, trains, and supervises building service personnel.
- Develops and organizes work schedules and assigns work activities to subordinates.
- Assigns workers to duties such as maintenance, repair, or renovation and may obtain bids for additional work from outside contractors.
- Plans and administers building department budget.
- Reviews reports of expenditures for previous fiscal year and proposed improvements to facilities in order to prepare budget estimates for upcoming fiscal year.
- Purchases building and maintenance supplies, machinery, equipment, and furniture.
- May direct contracted projects to ensure adherence to specifications.
- May be responsible for procurement of utilities or operations of utility systems.
- Directs workers or contractors engaged in major painting projects; performing structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings; and maintaining and repairing building utility systems, such as electrical wiring and controls, heating and ventilating systems.
- Oversees workers or contractors engaged in installing, servicing, and repairing mechanical equipment.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Evaluates each worker’s performance to ensure quality operations; and inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards.
- Interprets company policy to employees and enforces company policy and practices.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists employees in solving work problems.
- Investigates accidents and prepares appropriate reports.
- May supervise security to protect employees and property.
- May direct workers or contractors engaged in ground maintenance activities, such as mowing lawns, trimming hedges, removing weeds, raking and disposing of leaves and refuse, and snow removal.
- May supervise custodial services.
- May recruit, hire, train staff, evaluate employee performance, and recommend or initiate promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
AstroNova is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EOAA) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran, or disabled status.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Manager, Facilities & Building Maintenance (West Warwick, RI, USA) ]