Milwaukee, WI, USA
Horizon Develop Build Manage
Top Dane County Workplace 2019 – 2022! #1 in the past two years. What makes us stand apart…our employees say Top 5%:
- Employee Appreciation
- Supportive Managers
- Meaningful Work
- Strong Values
Our Service Technicians are critical to the safe, well-running and attractiveness of our properties. This position is assigned to the Fortitude and The Wheatley apartments in Milwaukee, WI. We offer a strong PTO program (9 holidays and 17 other PTO hours as start). We offer rich benefit plans for health, dental, vision, life and other supplemental insurances such as pet and cancer/critical illness.
# Primary Responsibility
(1) CORRECTIVE MAINTENANCE:
Satisfies service requests per work orders, following company procedure.
- Enters at resident’s convenience after proper notice
- Completes all repairs within the monthly budgeted maintenance hours
- Cleans up thoroughly
- Observes condition of apartment and reports any unusual circumstances (e.g., size & number of pets)
- Leaves notice of work performed
Assists with apartment make-ready procedures.
- Cleans carpets, windows, appliances
- Services appliances, plumbing, electrical fixtures
- Repairs or replaces old and faulty parts
- Checks and changes locks
- Replaces burned-out light bulbs
- Any duties assigned by Regional Manager or Director of Operations
(2) PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE:
Complete preventive maintenance inspection checklist monthly and submit to maintenance supervisor of the following:
- Cleanliness, landscape appearance, potential problems and recommend future budgeted improvements.
- Structural problems, leaks, cracks, cleanliness, damage and recommend future budgeted improvements.
- Proper and safe operation and note needed repairs.
(3) EMERGENCY MAINTEANCE
- Is on-call for emergency duty when assigned
- Is familiar with power, water, and gas turnoffs, clean-out traps, fire extinguishers and fire hydrants
- Knows emergency telephone numbers (e.g., 911, police, fire department, property manager, Maintenance Supervisor and Director of Operations.
- Follow all company emergency procedures
- Assists in maintaining inventory of tools, equipment and supplies
- Establish and maintain good relations with residents, prospective residents, vendors and co-workers.
- Assist outside contractors when services are required
- Assists office staff in delivering correspondence to residents, when requested
- Picks up trash on property by assisting groundskeeper/housekeeper in maintaining cleanliness and safety of the property
- Reports all needed repairs to Regional Manager or Maintenance Supervisor
- Assists with other types of maintenance when necessary and assigned by Regional Manager or Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintains confidentiality of Co-Workers, management, owners, past and current residents, vendors and all outside contracts
- Attend all instructional classes conducted by management
List Job Qualifications.
A. Education, work experience, licenses and certifications:
- Education: Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum three (3) years fulltime maintenance experience
- Licenses: A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required. Travel to job sites is required. Reliable transportation.
B. Required knowledge and skills:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally, electronically and in writing, with residents, other third-party contacts, as well as with company managers and principals, owners, and all other office team members.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Exhibits exceptional safety habits.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Maintenance Technician (Milwaukee, WI, USA) ]