TFC Chesapeake, Diamond Hill Road, Chesapeake, VA, USA
Maintenance Technician A performs repair and maintenance work on diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks including, but not limited to chassis components; refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic, and electrical systems; air brake systems; general engine work; HVAC components; and suspension, drive train, and steering systems.
- Tackle a new challenge every day.
- Maintain and repair highly intricate and powerful machinery.
- Receive training on new technologies and equipment.
- Work a regular shift in a stable industry.
- Be recognized for exceptional performance.
- Follow strong career paths for professional growth.
- Enjoy competitive wages and benefits.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of, and strong skill proficiency in, the following vehicle components and systems, with the ability to perform complex repair maintenance functions, both on-site and on the road.
- Chassis component repair and maintenance.
- Refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic and electrical systems, Air and hydraulic braking systems.
- Engine repair and maintenance.
- Suspension, drivetrain and steering systems.
- Heating and air conditioning systems.
- Light maintenance welding and fabrication.
- Identifies the source of the malfunctions using a variety of electronic tools.
- Completes applicable Company training programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- 5+ years of experience as a technician working on heavy-duty trucks.
- Ability to perform inspections and repairs without supervision in some (not all required) of the following heavy truck, or automotive systems: Suspensions and steering, General Engine, Transmissions, Brakes, Electrical, Hydraulics, Drive Train, and Diesel Emissions.
- ASE Heavy Truck Certifications (T1-T8) are a plus.
- LNG and/or CNG experience is a plus.
- Class B or higher Commercial Driver’s License.
Pay Compensation: $28-35 based on experience.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Maintenance Technician A (TFC Chesapeake, Diamond Hill Road, Chesapeake, VA, USA) ]