Dublin, OH, USA
You have a life. We like that about you.
At OCLC, we believe you’ll do the best work of your life when you’re living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today’s libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
Technology with a Purpose. OCLC supports thousands of libraries in making information more accessible and more useful to people around the world. OCLC provides shared technology services, original research and community programs that help libraries meet the ever-evolving needs of their users, institutions, and communities. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries.
The Facilities/ Maintenance Technician is responsible for the maintenance of the facilities consisting of 675,000 square feet in five (5)-building complexes situated on 100 acres. Provides technical expertise in the following areas: HVAC, hot water boilers, UPS equipment, general office equipment and kitchen equipment. This individual also has maintenance responsibility for the Building Automation system, lawn equipment and company vehicles.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician also has the overall responsibility for the upkeep and appearance of campus grounds. This role will work closely with Building and Grounds Supervisor, assist the Building and Grounds supervisor to support OCLC heating, lighting, plumbing and infrastructures to include emergency generators. General maintenance of grounds includes lawn and parking lot care as directed the Building and Grounds Supervisor.
This Facilities Maintenance Technician is a 2nd Shift opportunity, so the individual in this role works 4 days per week (Tuesday-Friday) from 2pm-12am.
- Directly involved in maintaining and/or repairing a vast array of building mechanical equipment and systems as necessary and in an ongoing basis with specific priority to building infrastructures.
- Responsible for monitoring, chilled water, glycol and hot water pumps and motors within VFD Air Conditioning systems (HVAC). Service building and equipment water softeners, diagnose trouble and make repairs. Install new plumbing in a manner to meet applicable building codes.
- Responsible to repair and maintain physical structures including roofing, flooring and floor coverings, walls and wall coverings, ceilings, glass replacement, overhead and motor operated doors and security gates.
- Assures the physical facilities and grounds of OCLC are free from safety hazards which might endanger the OCLC staff and property.
- Responsible for maintaining electric systems including troubleshooting and repair of electrical controls.
- Incumbent will be on the off-hours contact list including being available for On-Call snow removal.
- Monitors the temperature throughout OCLC owned buildings to assure that proper environment conducive to good productivity.
- Perform other duties to support the above-listed functions as directed by the Facilities Buildings & Grounds Supervisor.
- Position requires a High School degree. With 3-year experience in the Maintenance field or in one of the trades related to this position.
- A knowledge of state-of-the-art HVAC, Emergency Backup Power Systems, Uninterruptible Power System (UPS) for Data centers.
- Following certifications: 1) Material Handling Equipment, 2) EPA Refrigerant, a class I and class II required with in the first year.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Maintenance Technician – 2nd Shift (Dublin, OH, USA) ]