Plato, MN, USA
Plato Woodwork Inc
Since 1893, Plato Woodwork, Inc. has earned the reputation as one of America’s preeminent fine custom cabinetry manufactures. We pride ourselves not only in the product we deliver, but our family-oriented environment and state of the art facility. Family is just not an important thing, it’s everything!
Position Hours: 6:00a-2:30p (overtime as required)
· Analyze electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems to troubleshoot production equipment to minimize downtime and to maintain Plato Woodwork facility.
· Repair, modifies and enhances production equipment to maximize efficiency.
· Performs new equipment start-up by testing machine’s readiness to run.
· Performs weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual PMs to machines and facility equipment to keep Plato Woodwork OSHA compliant.
· Operate Forklift and maintain Certification.
· Read and understand blue prints, schematics and diagrams to identify equipment needs and make repairs, modifications and enhancements.
· Read and follow departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in the course of performing duties
· Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the duties performed in this position.
· Assist in the development/purchase of tooling.
· Assist in the design of jigs, fixtures and miscellaneous equipment.
· Assist in the purchase and installation of machinery.
Required Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent and trades degree such as electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and/or hydraulic with 2+ years of on the job experience, and 2+ years diagnostic and repair experience with CNC and PLC machines.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
· Excellent ability to troubleshoot machine problems of medium to high degree of difficulty.
· Ability to analyze problems and implement solutions.
· Ability to apply knowledge of machine theory and operating systems and functions to resolve problems.
· Accurately use measuring devices; tape measure, voltage meters, calipers and other measuring devices.
· Ability to identify need, create and/or change equipment to make more suitable for production use.
· Knowledge to identify machine deterioration on its standard operating systems.
· Be able to accurately extract calculations from charts
We are in our sixth generation of family ownership and have a culture of family with 12+ years average employee tenure! If you enjoy working as part of a team, are dependable and take initiative, we want to hear from you! We offer a full benefit package and an excellent working environment. Check out our website, www.platowoodwork.com, for more information on our company, history and amazing cabinetry! More detailed job descriptions are available on the careers tab
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Maintenance Mechanic (Plato, MN, USA) ]