Baltimore, MD, USA
Mechanic Manufacturing I
Baltimore, MD, US, 21205
Requisition ID: 81720
Posting Locations: Baltimore
Our Secret Ingredient is our Teammates.
We offer great rewards, competitive pay, career advancement and growth opportunities.
Full Time Teammates are also eligible for:
• Paid Training
• Paid Time Off plus paid holidays
• Group Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability
• Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Refresh and Grow your Career with Us!
The Mechanic Manufacturing I is responsible for repairing and maintaining all assets in the production facility. This position also responds promptly to equipment breakdowns and repairs the machinery in a timely manner and performs planned and unscheduled work, as necessary. The Mechanic Manufacturing I also maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results; maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level as well as anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications, and troubleshooting malfunctions
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, using precision measuring, and testing instruments
- Monitors and maintains multiple pieces of equipment by correctly completing assigned PMs; performing corrective maintenance work orders, filling out all paperwork, work orders, parts usage, and order forms
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques, monitoring compliance, and assisting production as needed to keep the line running at top efficiency
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Read and follow SOPs or instructions
- Computer skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Competency in monitoring and adjusting equipment speeds, temperatures, and liquid levels
- Identify and troubleshoot complex process issues
- Make mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic adjustments
- Preferred ability to read blueprints, electrical prints, and machine schematics
- Ability to comprehend complex processing equipment
- Individual needs to possess the initiative to further technical expertise
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controls (PLCs) required
- High school diploma or GED
- Knowledge acquired through 1 to up to 3 years of work experience
- Advanced knowledge with preferred 2 plus years experience in plant maintenance and high-speed production equipment, and, or certification of technical schooling in this area
Noisy, wet, and extreme temperature environment
Coca-Cola Consolidated, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Maintenance Mechanic I (Baltimore, MD, USA) ]