Milwaukee, WI, USA
Charter Wire, a division of Charter Manufacturing in Milwaukee, WI, is seeking a Maintenance Manager to join their team!
Perform functions involving management of maintenance, repair, and installation of production and facility equipment to meet business objectives and customer requirements. Execute a comprehensive maintenance program for all equipment and ensure that the inherent level of reliability of the equipment is achieved. Restore reliability to the original, inherent levels when deterioration has occurred in an efficient and timely manner. Recommend when it’s time to replace, or redesign, equipment based on the life cycle cost to maintain and collect the necessary information for design improvements of those items whose inherent reliability is inadequate. Responsible for all facilities and related systems. Serve as a key resource in working with and providing direction for the engineering, automation needs, and technology enhancements. Take a proactive approach in both safety and environmental issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent combination to education and experience.
- Five plus years’ experience in facilities management or maintenance experience in a heavy manufacturing production facility.
- Three plus years’ successful supervision and leadership experience.
- Direct report development and building strong functional teams experience.
- Demonstrated success in application of safety principles such as LOTO, Confined Space, Working at Height and Contractor Safety.
- Success in predictive and preventative maintenance systems.
- Skilled in Facility Engineering such as high and low pressure boilers, HVAC, air handling units, sanitary sewer and building maintenance.
- Ability to problem solve in an efficient, effective manner using Continuous Improvement tools.
- Demonstrated skills in creating and maintaining department operating costs and project budgets.
- Production enhancement and cost control project experience in Continuous Improvement. Lead cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with a focus on active listening and customer service.
- Strong understanding in plant quality systems, with a focus on internal and external customer impact.
- Proficient with advanced features of Microsoft Office and MRP/ERP systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with service emphasis in facilities management.
- Successful supervision and leadership experience in electrical, maintenance, or plant engineering.
- Strong background in electrical/mechanical systems and automation engineering.
- Experience in major capital project management.
- TS16949 implementation and system maintenance experience.
- Steel plant or heavy industrial maintenance experience.
- Well versed with machine, repair operation (MRO) and spare part management best practices.
- Familiar with best practices in maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Trained in Continuous Improvement Six Sigma or Lean methodologies.
- Computer / CAD system experience.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators to measure cost control performance.
- Establish an organized and systematic approach to the operational needs, equipment, and training.
- Plan and manage small and large capital projects assuring that they are completed on time, meet expected performance expectations, and are completed within the planned cost.
- Manage/coordinate installation of new equipment or upgrades to existing equipment and the coordination of outside contractors working with the plant.
- Coordinate all maintenance activities with all in-house departments to ensure that the customer’s needs (Operations & Process Engineering) are being met.
- Focus on Continuous Improvement initiatives as they relate to the process, equipment, and cost.
- Minimize unscheduled downtime throughout the operation and manage the availability of critical spares.
- Promote and utilize Predictive Maintenance principles for long term management of equipment health.
- Ensure that all equipment can produce a high level of quality and is reliable.
- Schedule Maintenance employees to ensure that the objectives of the business plan are met.
- Develop key maintenance employees for advancement or promotion to support business succession planning.
- Keep abreast of the latest process technology and maintenance/facilities practices.
- Follow Environmental, Quality and Safety Management System procedures and requirements.
- Ability to meet the essential job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation, as outlined in the job description.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR SUPERVISION:
- Maintenance Planner, Maintenance Leads, Electromechanical Technicians, Janitor
- Reports to: Director of Engineering & New Product Development
- Primary internal customers: Operations, Process Engineering, Tool Room
- Primary external customers: External suppliers
- Fostering collaboration and engagement among employees on the shift and between shifts to support business objectives.
- Leading change across a multi-shift operation.
- Establishing standards and maintaining maximum performance in a dynamic manufacturing operation.
- Challenging the status quo in a manner that garners sustainable positive actions and outcomes. Driving engagement, safety, quality and Continuous Improvement through all manufacturing processes.
- Controlling budgets and inventories to be cost effective and to meet production needs.
- Continuing a proactive maintenance program to reduce unscheduled downtime and optimize the weekly scheduled downtime for PMs to meet production demands.
- Integrating the activities of functional areas to ensure unified seamless supporting service team. Maintaining knowledge of technical changes in the process.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Maintenance Manager ]