1121 Southwest Salmon Street, Portland, OR, USA
The Maintenance Technician works out of the Portland Office and performs a variety of maintenance and janitorial tasks. They are responsible for turning over tenant spaces, responding to emergencies, and performing preventative maintenance.
- Schedules and performs routine preventative maintenance and work orders as directed by Director of Maintenance and Property Manager.
- Drive to property locations and supply houses as needed.
- Maintain curb appeal and general cleanliness of exterior of properties including walks, patios, walls, garbage enclosures, etc.
- Physically tour property looking for items needing repair, safety hazards and overall condition. Alert Supervisor as needed.
- Knowledge of water and gas meter shut-offs and sewer clean-outs.
- Maintain clean and safe work space, mechanical rooms, electrical rooms.
- Responsible for ordering or coordinating the ordering of parts for properties. Maintaining inventory.
- Preforming duties related with space turnovers in the scheduled time frame.
- Troubleshoot and repair general electrical.
- Troubleshoot and repair plumbing systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair appliances.
- Perform painting, dry wall/plaster repair and carpentry tasks.
- Perform preventative maintenance on and have general knowledge of all tools used in the field.
- Participate in maintenance, fire alarm, safety and training meetings.
- Assist maintenance staff and team members per the direction of Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager.
- Adhere to all safety policies and use of personal safety equipment.
- Administrative duties including organized system for invoices and paperwork processing.
- Participate in the rotate on-call system- cover buildings for emergency calls.
- Meet with vendors and assist as necessary.
- Provide exceptional customer service to community prospects and residents that are encountered daily.
- Represent Harsch Investment in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience, training, skills required:
- Minimum of two years of experience in maintenance/janitorial work.
- General knowledge of plumbing, electrical carpentry, HVAC and janitorial.
- Possesses and display a mechanical aptitude. Understanding of blueprints/schematics.
- Utilize good customer service skills when assisting co-workers, tenant inquiries, vendors and others.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and ability to carry out assignments to completion.
- Positive attitude. Dependable, reliable, cooperative.
- Team player with strong work ethic and pride in work.
No formal education required.
Valid Driver License and good driving record.
Drive to property locations as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Maintenance (1121 Southwest Salmon Street, Portland, OR, USA) ]