Oxnard, CA, USA
Western Saw Manufacturers, Inc.
Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and assemblies. May also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, welding, layout, and machining procedures. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
- Select appropriate processes and materials
- Machine parts to specifications, using machine tools and hand tools
- Measure, examine, and inspect completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments, such as micrometers
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Monitor equipment operation to ensure proper functioning
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages
- Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using instruments such as micrometers or calipers
- Set up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations
- Program, set up and operate CNC Lathes, Manual Lathes, and Mills
- Design tools, fixtures, or other devices for production equipment
- Evaluate machining procedures and recommend changes or modifications for improved efficiency or adaptability.
- Create diagrams or blueprints for workpieces or products
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Experience working with various materials such as metals, plastics and wood
- Capable of working to +/- .0005” when required
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra and geometry and their applications
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM and welding
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Machinist ]