9750 Reavis Park Drive, Affton, MO, USA
PLASTIC MACHINE OPERATOR
We are currently hiring for both day shift and night shift positions.
Responsible for assisting the senior operators in running various production machines. Stages material for the order, enters materials in the tally sheet, boxes finished material, and performs several other functions to ensure production operations run smoothly throughout the shift.
- Prepares extrusion area for production order or assumes responsibility for order currently in progress.
- Performs testing on in-process material per customer requirements.
- Confirms that proper materials are being used.
- Document pertinent information about the production run.
- Operates tow motor throughout shift.
- Maintains proper documentation of material identification as material is used or returned to storage. Enters material into tally sheet and weighs up materials at the end of the run.
- Select machine dies
- Determine setup procedures
- Use scales and measurement devices
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by supervisor.
REQUIRED AND RECOMMENDED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide when working with set production figures
- Must be able to weigh in pounds and ounces, measure in feet and inches as well as metric
- Manufacturing Environment
- 12 hour shifts – we are looking to hire one person for day shift and one person for night shift
SPECIFIC SKILLS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- This position has operations that require muscular coordination, proper lifting techniques and requires lifting 50 pounds or more. Hoist is available for use.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, and bend
- Must be able to use standard and metric measuring tape
- The noise level in the working environment is usually loud (80-90 decibels)
- The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts
- Hazards include but not limited to: mobile equipment, powered hand trucks, winders and edge guides, haul-off and winder nip rollers, molten resin and hot dies, high voltage equipment, and slitting blades and cut-off knives
We are a 3rd general family business and will be celebrating 50 years in 2021. We are looking for employees that want to make a career working with their hands. We offer benefits including paid vacation, 401k, health insurance, etc. We treat our employees like family! Our average length of employment for our employees is over 15 years… we only want candidates that are looking for long term commitments!
Our company’s core values are:
- Always do the right thing
- Always take care of the customer and Seiler Plastics will always take care of you
- Team players committed to cultivating a supportive, fun and friendly work environment
- Not satisfied with the status quo
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 – $18.00 per hour
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Machine Operator ]