Holliston, MA, United States
We are seeking a hands-on analytical chemist experienced in QC analyzing organic compounds and mixtures at our Dwight, IL cultivating and processing center. This position will play a key role in the production of medical cannabis extracts, tinctures, and related products registered patients will use to treat their medical and physical symptoms. The Analytical Chemist will be responsible for ensuring effective and safe processing of medical cannabis into safe, high quality medical cannabis oils and other related products for ingestion, inhalation, or topical application by registered patients.
Duties and responsibilities include:
● Performing his/her duties in a safe manner and environment while adhering to all governmental regulations for this industry.
● Analyzing cannabis material, cannabis extracts, and associated finished formulations for active ingredient levels and ensuring our finished products meet company specifications.
● Support PharmaCann’s extraction, extract processing, product formulation, filling and manufacturing processes and ensure our procedures comply with FDA GMP’s, OSHA regulations, and applicable laboratory procedures.
● Working closely with 3rd Party test laboratories to correlate PharmaCann’s results to their test results and coordinate required analyses by 3rd party laboratories as required by state statutes.
● Supporting greenhouse and production operation analytical testing needs by preparing and testing plant, extract, and samples for cannabinoid profiling, potency, and other required analyses.
● Work closely with PharmaCann’s processing and fill line technicians by analyzing both in-process and finished products to ensure products meet company specifications.
● Conducting quality control analytical testing to ensure PharmaCann produces the highest quality processed medical cannabis products.
● Analytical work on HPLC, GC and other required analytical instrumentation.
● Continuous Improvement by optimizing product methods to help R&D toward process improvements.
● Building the capability of the analytical laboratory by adding new instrumentation and equipment.
● Working with PharmaCann R&D to test new proprietary medical cannabis products and filling processes to meet business needs.
● Managing lab equipment supplies and inventory.
● Oversee and audit Process Technician quality control testing and results.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● B.S. Chemistry degree or equivalent required.
● Three to seven years of applicable medical cannabis, food, or pharmaceutical experience with a focus on ensuring product safety, consumer safety and satisfaction, and high product quality
● Must possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills involving organic solvents and materials.
● Proven experience in a medical cannabis, food, pharmaceutical environment with a high attention to detail, organization skills, and excellent communication skills with the ability to operate in a safe, detailed and accurate manner.
● Ability to operate in startup and emerging environment and be flexible to take on new and added responsibilities per the business’ growth needs.
● Must possess good data logging, database, and material tracking skills to facilitate PharmaCann’s strict compliance with state regulatory requirements for product tracking and tracing. Knowledge of Class 1, Division 1 operating environments and cGMP is highly desirable.
● This person shall add value by continually evaluating our processing operations with the goal of implementing new and improved processes and bringing new products to the market.
● Stand, sit, stoop for extensive periods of time
● Lift up to 50lbs
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [MA – Quality Control Analytical Chemist ]