Gardena, CA, USA
ByFusion Global Inc.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Lead Machine Operator to join our Gardena, CA manufacturing team. In this role, you will be responsible for production of our ByBlocks from incoming material through final quality checks of the blocks. You will be responsible for overseeing the operation of multiple production machines and ensuring that they are running efficiently and effectively. You will also lead and perform required maintenance for continued machine operation. The Lead Operator will be a key to informing the engineering team on changes, upgrades, and improvements to the current and future machines. This is a crucial role in helping achieve our internal delivery goals along with informing design changes and improvements to future iterations of the machine.
- Operates and monitors our proprietary platform to repurposed plastic waste into alternative products to ensure they are running efficiently and effectively
- Lead a team of machine operators, providing guidance and training as needed.
- Complete order and assigned work efficiently per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure that all production and quality goals are met and that production schedules are maintained
- Upkeep of production and quality records for all production.
- Monitor machine performance and make any necessary adjustments to optimize production
- Troubleshoot machine issues and make necessary repairs or coordinate repairs with the supervisor
- Oversee and participate in machine maintenance activities to keep machines in good working order and minimize downtime
- Support all aspects of ByBlock production including material receiving, handling procedures, and packaging.
- Ensure that all safety protocols are followed and that the work environment is safe for all employees
- Collaborate with the production manager to develop and implement new processes and procedures to improve production efficiency
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience as a machine operator in a manufacturing environment
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills and attention to detail.
- Strong technical knowledge of machines or complex systems
- Ability to perform basic math calculations and use measurement tools
- Ability to use web-based applications
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot machine issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work occasional overtime when required to meet deadlines
- Must be able regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to pass an eye exam
- Licensed forklift operator
- Experience with Pneumatic and Hydraulic maintenance and equipment
- Experience with Pressure, Density, Temperature Meters and Accuacators
- Understands how to read and interpret equipment schematics and manuals
- Experience with industrial boilers
- Welding experience
- Soldering experience
- Experience operating Allen Bradley or Siemens interfaces
ByFusion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to a diverse workplace: We encourage people of color, people with disabilities, women and LGBT candidates to apply.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Lead Machine Operator (Gardena, CA, USA) ]