125 Monument Circle, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Christ Church Cathedral – Indianapolis, IN
Principal Function: The Kitchen Manager/cook ensures excellent hospitality to our worshipping communities, our neighbors, and partners to promote fellowship events that build up the life of those we serve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Works with and coordinates with staff and volunteer groups to serve, plan, schedule, publicize, and offer fellowship events for the congregation.
• Empowers and equips Vestry members, parishioners, committees, and parish organizations to engage in hands-on ministry and ownership of congregational life.
• Stays up-to-date with training in Safeguarding God’s Children and Safeguarding God’s People. Reports any suspected child abuse or neglect, as required by the Diocese, Church, and state regulations.
Custodial and Hospitality Support
• Keeps a regular inventory of kitchen supplies and orders additional supplies as necessary.
• Maintains the cleanliness of the kitchen area and maintenance of its equipment with the standards of a commercial kitchen and in accordance with all state and local health codes
• Prepares food to the exact specifications of the organization and is dedicated to creating well-executed, healthy, and delicious food.
• Creates and publishes creative meal plans.
• Prepares for food service to include: cleaning and chopping food; and setting up and stocking stations.
• Prepares evening meals and snacks for groups of children and adults with group sizes regularly between 30 to 50 people with the potential for group sizes up to 100 people on occasion.
• Orders or shops for ingredients or supplies on a regular basis.
• Performs all custodial requirements for the Parish Hall to include: cleaning the kitchen, the serving area, and the dining area.
• Recruits and manages volunteers for cleaning and food preparation assistance.
• Prepares public spaces, including the moving of tables/furniture for all events.
• Proactively looks for opportunities to improve church facilities and grounds, proposing projects as appropriate to the Property and Facilities Manager.
• Opens and closes the Church, ensuring that the building is empty of guests and visitors when it is closed.
• Stores and cares for church property, as required.
• Covers duties for Property and Facilities Manager, when required.
• Assists clergy during weddings, funerals, and special services with guest and visitor hospitality, and when requested by clergy, administration of public liturgies, e.g. bridal party direction, assistance with the casket, and funeral directors.
• Attends weekly staff meetings, as assigned ensuring progress in team goals and coordination in all areas.
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday with some weekends
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Kitchen Manager/Cook (125 Monument Circle, Indianapolis, IN, USA) ]